DCWarren

Sep 2, 2002
Anyone know of a shop that can straighten bent disc rotors? I have one off of a CR80 that is anything but straight and I'm hoping that I can get it repaired and not have to buy a new one.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
Have you tried to do it yourself? I straightened mine using a large adjustable wrench. After about 15 minuted of work, it was ag good as new and very straight. E mail me and I can tell you how I did it without booring everyone else!!! Roland Cannon

jamesc4085@msn.com

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
Sadly if it is coned this is not possible. Also if it gets v.hot they can tend to reclaim their bent shape. Having said that I’ve done it before by wrench & ‘tapping’ in strategic positions Leave on the wheel so tension is constant on mounting bolts.

After market rotors are quite cheap for common models. Think my last ones were Premier or Moto-something or other. Quick web search should confirm

DCWarren

Sep 2, 2002
Yep, that's exactly what happened. I messed with it for several hours and then I put a straight edge on it and found it was bent like a "potato chip." I gave up at that point and ordered a new on for $50. Didn't want to spend the money but.....

thanks for the inputs.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom