Can Can Kev

Feb 24, 2003
whats up guys. i got some bad news at a race on friday night i got caught in a big first turn pile up the result of which is my radiator shroud looks like an acrodiuan and my radiaotr is bent bad, when the bike is runnign it leaks so i think repair of it is out of the question, i priced a new oem yamaha left side radiator and it is $300!! OUCHIES!!! does anyone know of any aftermarket companies that make radiators? or have any advice on what i should do ? oh and im kicking myself in the butt now for not buying radiator renforcements DOH! :eek: :whiner:

RMinthewoods

May 10, 2003
I had a '03 rm 85 and ride in the woods..I was also in ur shoes as i bent it good...look in the back of the dirt bike magazines for radiators places.we sent ours to Mylers (800) 367- 7699 and for $60 bucks u cant beat it..When we got it back it fit perfect and had no leaks. We couldnt tell the difference.

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
You would be amazed at what can be repaired. Definately look into getting it fixed. I had one torn totally of my bike (hoses and all) and it came back looking brand new. $100AUD. You cant beat it. Believe me it was a twisted heap of coolant and aluminium. Mine was ready in one working day, they said two but I was lucky I guess.

Zuki

Apr 23, 2003
I destroyed a radiator as well and luckly found a local guy who fixed it for $30. Mylers would have been my next choice. The other option is to check E B a y. My son also bent the heck out of his on a 04 CR85 and there was a new one on E B a y for $100.... I bought that instead and will have his fixed later.

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
This is an old topic, but can they fix it if the core and fins are damaged?

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
I have mashed them bad and they still can fix it. Give them a call and see what they say, you may be surprised.

Mully

Top Bottom