jesus17

May 6, 2008
Well we have best 250s, now we also have 125s :D

I ride for 2 years but have changed 5 125s since than :ride:

My first was 95' YZ 125, that bike was my first big bike after some crap moped that i found on trash. Than it was damn powerfull and i thougt i will never be able to ride it properly. After 2 months i got used to it and than sold it. I rode it only in woods, weak low end, ockay mid but than hard top hit that i was affraid at first. Not really my type of woods bike that i wanted.

Than i buyed 02' YZ 125 that was already equiped with many motocross racing parts for top end power. When i got that beast i was amazed about amount of power in top end but low end power was stronger than on my first YZ, mid range also! I loved the bike for woods, when i got used to it in woods i used to rip all 4 strokers.
Than problems started, linkage bearings gone, wheel bearings, kickstart broke and plastics were broken... so i sold it for almost same price i bought it.

I had a little pause in real dirt bikes, i got Yam DT 125. Nice bike but not what i wanted.

Than again 97' CR 125, maaan that bike was a real beast for woods! It was completely stock and it riped just like my 02' YZ had! Low end power was just right and it pulled all the way to the top and than again hit that pulled me on back wheel. I couldn't believe how the bike go. It was really ugly bike because of guy that painted them in black with spray and frame was painted also with spray. One day i got a new set of plastic, stripped the bike. Cleaned and lubed all the parts. Painted the frame, got frame guards and when i put it all together it was a best looking dirt bike i ever seen. Than one day i got home and there is no bike in my garage! I asked dad what is going on and he said he sold it to his friend!!! I was pissed off, i didn't talk to him couple of days and than i buyed stock 01' YZ 125... that bike was crap, new top end and all was right but it was a **** bike compared to my dear CR 125!!!

I had that YZ just 1 week and than sold it again and bought same 02' YZ from the guy i sold it. At my pleasure he had money and replaced all the parts that were broken, worn. Bike was really great condition and i got it even cheaper than i sold it :nener:
Again i liked the bike but nothing like my loved CR 125.

As you can see from my long story absolutely greatest 125 ever for me is Honda CR 125 1997 model and absolutely stock! I don't know what the bike would do if i put some v force 3 reeds, fmf fatty and that kind of woods stuff. Really the best bike i ever rode! I'm selling my YZ in hope i will find my CR!

YZs are also great bikes but only when they have all that aftermarket parts. I love my 02' YZ its great on track but only with all that stuff, my stock 01' was really crap but was also mint condition so nothing wrong with engine...

jesus17

May 6, 2008
Oh yes i didn't mention. My friend has 03' SX 125 with SXS cylinder, exhaust, forks...

That bike is awfully fast, faster than my CR and 02' YZ together. I don't know why it is going that fast but it is, it really flies :D

Also 07 EXC 125 is sweetest woods bike i ever rode! Even better than 4t 450!!! It is light as feather and fast as hell. Great bike!

destructo

Feb 24, 2006
I have to say, I have had several 125's and by far love my 03 KX 125, I absolutely love this bike, it fricken ripps! six speed to boot!
Picture296.jpg

kx125412

Mar 30, 2006
I had an 82 RM 125 the thing was crazy. Just like a lightswitch like the other guy said, no power at all then a super hard top end hit that threw you back. I havn't ridden a bike like that since.

hot125mod

Jan 14, 2007
just bought a 04 kx 125 and like destructo said their fast mine is completly stock and it rips real good the kawis have some bark real throaty sounds good. before my kx I had a 99 rm 125 and it was a good bike fast motor. btw the stock jetting makes this or any two stroke run like a lawn boy lawn mower but once i got it spot on it is night and day difference. is it safe to go below a 400 main or am i asking for trouble damn this thing is so narrow banded it is a chore to keep it angry. this one is a whole lot diffefrnt than the RM.

00 rm125

Feb 11, 2008
my 83 cr125 had an awesome motor tons of power all round bur my o6 yz 125 is just awesome perfect for the track lots of top end power not too much bottom but lots of top tho

but the best ever is the 83 cr

remorich

Sep 25, 2006
best 125 ever

my '05 yz 125 is awesome,with fatty pipe it has good low end tons of mid and good top , the best 125 I've ever had for woods riding its awesome!!

redsput

Feb 13, 2005
My son has a 03' KX144 (Gorr) - reg gas, mid-high porting with an fmf fatty. Super fun great handling and fast. I like it way better in the woods than my KX250.

Top Bottom