Best 2 stroke 125 trail bike kx/cr/yz/rm

Oct 11, 2007
1) your physical size (both height and weight are important):6 foot 1 and 155lbs
2) How physical / aggressive are you ?: out of 10 a 8/10
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????: 90% trail and 10% track
4) Do you have any riding experience?: yes 6 years
5) Do you think you will race ?: for fun mostley trail though
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?: Partley
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?: 2 stroke and a 125 rm/kx/yz/cr
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?: hanover yamaha, honda,suzuki, kawasaki
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? about $3000 tops.
10) Do you live in California?: nope new jersey
11) Your age?: 15
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion

I am getting a new bike and am looking into a 125 2 stroke. I would really like to know which would be best for the trails stock. I heard that the kx125 out of the other brands has the most low end.? I am 6 foot 1 and 155lbs and have been riding for 6 years. Please answer asap. thanksssss!!! If you wanted you could also add what kind of upgrades would be good for a 125 trail bike. I dont really want a 4 stroke cause i just sold my other one i got off a wr250f. I cant decide which would be the best to get for trail, cr/kx/rm/yz. This would be a real help ive been trying to decide for a while. thankss...

Last edited:

bmcd308

Feb 9, 2007
Your budget puts you in used bike land, so I would encourage you to consider a KDX200 unless you will be riding motocross in addition to trails.

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
Not sure why you're stuck on a 125cc, either, but a used KDX is a good choice, especially if it already had some upgrades like handguards, new pipe, etc.

You kept it to the Japanese brands, but if you're willing to go KTM a great choice is a used KTM200 E/XC or M/XC (or XC if newer). I like to think of it as a 125 magnum, since it uses the 125 frame.

Top Bottom