motox--

Sep 1, 2006
Hi, I am looking to buy a 04-05 200EXC. Before I hit the trails I would like to protect the bike as good as possible!

These are the items I will be covering - handguards, radiator guards, pipe guard, brake snake, skid plate, rear disc guard and chain guide.

There are so many different brands too choose from, so which ones are the best? From my research the best brands are -

Handguards - Fastway or Enduro engineering
Radiator guards - Devol and Bulletproof designs
Pipe guard - eline? however they are too pricey!
Skid plate - B&B and eline
Disc guard - Scotts or Fastway
Chain guide - TM designs

Am I correct? Or are most of them the same? I dont really care about weight... nor do I have alot of cash!

If someone could please help me with my decisions that would be great!

BadMotoWeazal

Aug 21, 2004
TM Designs....best damn guide & slider around, worth the money.
Skid Plate....lots of debate on these in my camp. Some guys say all they are good for is mud collection & hanging up on logs & stumps. I have one on my KTM, it's a Factory Connection, so far so good. Many manufacturers with many styles for different types of protection.
Disc guard....I don't have one on my bike. E-line, Factory Connection, Enduro Engineering all make one. Again many manufacturers to choose from
Pipe guard....Again one name as far as I'm concerned, E-Line...mine is almost 3 years old,my bike got into a 3 foot deep rut, bent pipe but the guard is still in great shape. No pipe guard will keep you from bending the pipe back if you crash like I did, but as far as hitting a rock, stump, log etc... it will keep you from getting dings & dents. I hear that Moose is marketing a pipe guard that is just like the E-Line.
Radiator Guards....I've always had Duvol's on my bikes, in muddy situations you get a good bit of build up on the guards themselves but I've never had a radiator issue as long as I've had these guards on.
Hand guards....the Enduro Eng, Moose & MSR guards are all the same, Fastways & Cycras are really nice & mount up well, but I didn't want to spend the money on them when I could get the Moose for $50.00

Good luck shopping

Top Bottom