Best Bolt-On Aftermarket H.P. for XR250R

LucasRacing

Jul 27, 2001
What is the best bolt on aftermarket item I can put on my XR250R for more power? And "bang-for-the-buck" aplies to me a lot ;)

I was thinking of something like a new pipe or something. Thanks.

xrsforever

Nov 2, 2000
First before you spend any $$$,take the snorkel out from under your seat. It is attached to the top of the airbox,Then cut the screen out from the airfilter. Total cost ZERO. If you want to next go for a aftermarket pipe,check out XR's Only,Big Gun,Yosh.,and FMF.Usually you need to go up a few on the pilot and main jet.The pipe mfg. can help with suggestions.Also make sure your cables are lubed and in good shape as well as your chain and sprockets; make sure you have fresh engine oil anda new oil filter . Change often.Most riders neglect the suspension,at least set your sag on the rear, and adjust the front forks to your liking. :cool:

DualSportr

Aug 22, 2000
What year XR250? It really makes a difference. The 1997 & later models respond much better to free mods - the early models require a different pipe.

DualSportr

Aug 22, 2000
Check out the FMF power bomb system or the White Brothers (with the disks, not the race baffle). These two tested the best on the dyno with a stock XR250.

Don't expect much from bolt-on mods with the thumper. The pipe and baffle mod will give you a total of about 15% increase over stock hp. Noticable, but it's not gonna rip your arms out of the sockets.

For a bunch more power (in the 25% or greater arena) you'll have to increase the bore size, or go higher compression.

Top Bottom