JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Has anyone recently found a good buy on a waterproof enduro jacket? Any recommendations as to brands? Moose? MSR? Thanks.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
there was a thread on this a while back, you might try searching for it. I personally like my MSR jacket, not sure which one it is (Gold medal I believe) but it's light and completely waterproof. Great pockets and warm but not too warm.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
MSR - great ventilation!

I have an MSR that i really like. Its not the goretex one.. not sure which model it is actually. I would not call it water proof, rather highly water resistant? What i really like on it is the ventilation- it works great - allows much broader comfort range. (zips under arms almost to the elbows, then two flaps on chest that zip open then can be velcroed open, and a large "exhaust" vent on back)

If you wear a chest protector - you might want to go up a size. I wear a 42 chest in suits ect... certainly not an extra large (5'11" 188lbs) - but my extra large jacket is just right for wearing over a chest protector. A large might work for me, but I dont like a snuger fit to interfere with easy movement.

NDRO

Jan 6, 2001
I tried a few jackets, including the MSR and found that I like the Moose XCR the best. It's cut REALLY large to fit over chest protectors/shoulder pads and has tons of ventalation. It also folds into itselft and turns into a fanny pack if it's too hot to wear it.

I like mine so much, that when it wears out, I will bury it in respect, rather than throw it out...:confused:

Darryl K

Oct 10, 2001
I see that Donelson Cycles ( www.donelsoncycles.com 800-325-4144 ) has MSR Gold Medal 2 jackets for $49.95 and ISDE Gore-Tex Jackets for $119.95 currently. Pretty good deal, especialy on the Gore-Tex, it retails for $299.95 ( G.M.2 retails for $89.95).

Top Bottom