cujet

Aug 13, 2000
I do not believe there will be much difference between the various aftermarket choices and the stock silencer. The XR250 exhaust is not the bottleneck in the HP department. The last dyno tests I viewed show less than 1HP difference between the stock pipe and the others. Once some mods are done such as a big bore kit, that will change.

Chris

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
I agree with cujet. We opened up an XR250 and fiddled almost anyway we could with jets and stuff and only ended up with more noise and less torque.

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
The stock headpipes and muffler are fine, it is the tip that is the problem on the stock muffler.

On my friends XR250 we: 1. Removed the airbox lid.(FREE) 2. Installed a UNI filter with a high flow cage. ($30) 3. Ground the welds on the headpipes. (FREE) 4. Took out the stock tip and replaced with a baja designs tip. (~$90)
After all of those changes the bike was substantially more powerful than it was with just the airbox removed, and yes it was jetted correctly before we did the mods.

You can do all of that for under $160 including jets so I would recommend trying that instead of wasting money on an aftermarket exhaust.

gumby1

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2002
You can only do so much with the stock exhaust. I bought a Thunder Alley full exhaust system for my XR250 and there was a HUGE increase in power. It was worth the money I paid for it.

Top Bottom