SpoogeMooge

Feb 19, 2002
I currently use Scott OTG with my Arai helmet and the goggles push down on my nose to the point I have to breathe through my mouth. Are there any smaller OTG goggles that anyone has tried. Gimme some help I'm tired of being a mouth breather. Thanks.

Bill Hibbs

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 1999
Pretty much the only goggle I could wear with my glasses was the Smith Turbo with the built in fan. That with a no fog cloth and I was pretty much fog free. They're kind of heavy but I never noticed them pushing down onto my nose. You may want to try them on first with your helmet before you buy though just to make sure. They're kind of pricey.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by gpsgeorge
Another option is Pro- Vue out of Rochester MN sells a goggle (scott or smith frame) that has prescription lenses mounted in.

any idea what those cost? my daughter wants prescription goggles.

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
I use the same as BillH. Smith SMX, or the Smith Turbos. Unfortunatly they are the largest goggle frame out.

I have a pair of pro views, but I never wear them any more. If you have to stop on the side of the trail for any reason, you need to keep wearing your goggles if you want to see what you are doing.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
I have had excellent luck with contact lenses.....but the only goggle that has worked well at stopping dust is that Scott No-Sweat model. Very thick foam that can be coated with air filter oil.

gpsgeorge

Jun 7, 2002
MX547,

They run $165 according to thier web site. Although I don't use them, here in MN many people do and seem happy with the product. Further info is at pro-vue.com

George

Bill Hibbs

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 1999
Another thing you may consider is where you're riding. Here in the Midwest, it's very humid and stuff fogs very easily. If you're blasting across the dessert you can probably get away without the fan. I am now wearing contacts and it's working out great. I hardly wear them except when I ride. If you are able to get contacts I'd strongly consider it. They're not that expensive either.

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
i use the team m.o. insert, with a bifocal lens, no less. works great, way more comfy than glasses under goggles + less fogging.

RakO

Dec 26, 2000
Originally posted by lawman
i use the team m.o. insert, with a bifocal lens, no less. works great, way more comfy than glasses under goggles + less fogging.

Sorry would you pls tell me waht is the "team m.o. insert" you are using.
I tried many things ...the worst was PRO_VUE always fogging up and really hard to clean..
Contact lenses were great but due to 'dry" eyes can not use them anymore.

Thanks RakO

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
it is an insert that snaps into the goggles; it fits most full-sized goggles. it is easy to take in & out to clean & use diff. goggles/lenses, etc. i had my old 1 for 4 years or so, finally broke it (my fault) & got the new bifocal 1. i can see better with it + goggles than i can with my last pair of glasses by themselves. try www.team-mo.com

cmotogo

Sep 18, 2000
I use the scott otg and had the same problem with breathing so I trimmed off some of the foam and some of the plastic around the nose and it fixed the breathing problem and they work pretty good now.

sabooo

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 6, 2002
Another option is to get the Rec-Specs sport glasses and a regular sized goggle. Many of the rec-spec products have compact frames that easily fit under goggles.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
I did the same as cmotogo, and also use a quick strap so the goggles don't have to be pushed hard against my face.

Bruce

~SPONSOR~
Nov 12, 1999
Also Smith SMX, never been a comfort problem

Top Bottom