Best non paddle sand tires?

DEX

Jun 11, 2003
I am working out my booking order and am trying to decide on my tires. I think I am running the Michelin MS2s for intremediate and the Michelin MH2s for hard pack. I cant decide on a good set of sand tires. We have 2 races at a 100% sand track and only the jumps are made of clay however it is illegal to run paddle tires.

What should I go for? The Pirelli MT 410s looked to be the next best thing to a paddle tire but I have also heard many good things about the Michelin S 12 and the Bridgestone M 25 and M 26.

I didnt have access to any of these tires last year as I was a Mini Rider however I noted that the Michelin MS2s performed better and lasted longer than the Pirelli mini tires I ran previously.

VB Racing

~SPONSOR~
Jan 26, 2004
The Pirelli 410 is the closest thing out there to a paddle, I have ridden the Dunlop 773( I have them now and don't care for them much,liked the 752 better), The Michelin S12(a very good all around tire), and the pirelli. The Pirelli works AWESOME in the deep sand, and works very well all around. Tire wear is good also.
If you are looking for a good deep sand tire, go with the pirelli.
My 2 cts.

Dave

Feb 20, 2004
could you make a kind of paddle tire buy a cheap chin sing soft terran tire and take some thin peaces of rubber........ like a peice of old tire and join the knobs together with the rubber with some screws or something ? i dunno if this would work. might be worth a try, it would be interseting to see how it would hold up

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Pirelli 410 is a great tire and will probably handle a little better than the IRC M5B in corners. M5B is a good wearing tire and tire of choice for me.

Top Bottom