Dan105

Aug 23, 2002
Just curious what you guys are running and how happy you are with your oversized tanks? I have an IMS 3.0 and although I like the size and how low it sits I am unhappy with a few things. 1. Its a pain to get at the top subframe bolt with the tank on. 2. You cant change a plug with the tank on. It is impossible!
Because I like the way the tank feels on the bike I am considering heating the tank up near the subframe bolt and pushing it in alittle soo I can take the bolt out without the tank hitting it. And then just dealing with the fact that I cant change a plug without taking the tank off.
What I was curious about was if any of you have had this tank, and what you think about the Clarke 3.1 and the Clarke 3.9 tanks. I am interested in the Clarke 3.1 egronomics and if you can change a plug without removing the tank.

psycho

King Rot-Gut
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2000
I too would be interested in some opinions. I am looking at getting a Clarke tank for my '03 CR250. Thanks!

E.SourBeer245

Mar 7, 2006
i have a clarke 3.0 gallon, for my 01 cr125, i got it on a week or 2 ago. i love it, it sits real nice, and i can get to the plug easy. i dont know how much they differ from the 250's tanks, but i think the clarke is a great tank. i wasnt sure whetehr to get teh IMS or Clarke, but i think i made the right choice.

hope i helped

later-

jib

Jan 23, 2000
The Clarke 3.1 tank for the 03'-'06' yz's is very nice, but slightly wider,than an IMS, and yes you can change the plug with it on. I'm not sure about access to the sub frame bolt though.

Top Bottom