Dan105

Aug 23, 2002
Just curious what you guys are running and how happy you are with your oversized tanks? I have an IMS 3.0 and although I like the size and how low it sits I am unhappy with a few things. 1. Its a pain to get at the top subframe bolt with the tank on. 2. You cant change a plug with the tank on. It is impossible!
Because I like the way the tank feels on the bike I am considering heating the tank up near the subframe bolt and pushing it in alittle soo I can take the bolt out without the tank hitting it. And then just dealing with the fact that I cant change a plug without taking the tank off.
What I was curious about was if any of you have had this tank, and what you think about the Clarke 3.1 and the Clarke 3.9 tanks. I am interested in the Clarke 3.1 egronomics and if you can change a plug without removing the tank.

psycho

King Rot-Gut
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2000
I too would be interested in some opinions. I am looking at getting a Clarke tank for my '03 CR250. Thanks!

E.SourBeer245

Mar 7, 2006
i have a clarke 3.0 gallon, for my 01 cr125, i got it on a week or 2 ago. i love it, it sits real nice, and i can get to the plug easy. i dont know how much they differ from the 250's tanks, but i think the clarke is a great tank. i wasnt sure whetehr to get teh IMS or Clarke, but i think i made the right choice.

hope i helped

later-

jib

Jan 23, 2000
The Clarke 3.1 tank for the 03'-'06' yz's is very nice, but slightly wider,than an IMS, and yes you can change the plug with it on. I'm not sure about access to the sub frame bolt though.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom