soap

Jun 10, 2004
I need to buy a new paddle tire and was wondering which one is the best. Personally I was leaning towards skat trak, but sand snake and king turbo are still in the running. I don't do drag racing, but I need a lot of acceleration when trying to hit some of the tighter jumps at pismo. Also how well do the sand front tires work? Right now I have an intermediate terrian and it likes to sink when I make a tight turn.
Thanks

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
I have not tried the sand fronts, but I found that the cheep ching shin paddle tires work great. They are molded like a real tire where the scat tracks are shaved down knobbies with paddles glued on. I have seen several guy loose paddles from the skat track's but never from the ching shins. I ran a 752 front tire with decent results (I live in VA and don't make it out west to the dunes very often).

little%20sahra%20cropped.JPG

[img]

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
I have tried a few different paddles (Cheng Shin, Turbo Paddle, Skat Trak Hooker), and I think that the regular cheapo Cheng Shin is the best paddle!

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
the 8 paddle worked great for me too on my 250. A 10 paddel also works well, though it saps a bit more power but moves more sand, great for a CR500 but perhaps a bit too much tire for a 250.

jumpingjoe628

Mar 15, 2005
Oh mabey it is a 10 paddle, I haven't seen it in a awhile. I only use it about 3 times a year and I've had it for 2 years so far. Still in great shape too.

Top Bottom