Danny Stein

Nov 12, 2002
It really depends on what your buying. If you are going to spend alot of money Dennis Kirk has free shipping over $100.00. It really can save you if your buying alot of stuff.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
In addition to FRP & MX South, I like Rocky Mountain. Where I spend my money has a lot to do with what I'm buying. I always try to support the local independent shop first, but on items like tires, plastics and apparel I go on-line.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Rocky mountain (here) has always been a good price and quick with shipping. They have 'deals' on shipping sometimes, too...spend $XXX and get shipping for free and such.

Their website works fairly well, too.

BPJNT

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2001
Have you guys ever heard of Jeff Fredette, Frederette Racing. He is the guru of KDX and a nice guy. He can give you advice on your purchase because he know the KDX inside/out. He also sales abike set up video for the KDX. He's priced competitively. I don't know him personally, but he was helpful in my previous purchases, why not help one of our own fellow KDX'ers.

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
I like Rocky Mtn. They have the fastest shipping of anyone else I've tried!
And better prices than most.

FRP is pretty good too, as is Chaparral.

Dennis Kirk is a bit slower, I think their slogan is "When You Want It Now!"
Oughta be "When You Want It The Middle Of Next Week" :moon:

I've got no problem with D. Kirk other than their slow shipping. I ordered some stuff from them on a Thursday and some stuff from Rocky on the following Tuesday, the stuff from Rocky arrived on Friday while the stuff from D. Kirk did not make it 'til the following Monday! Oh and it was all in stock.

Frederette?? :laugh:

Last edited:

bh

Nov 26, 2001
I personally have had outstanding service with Dennis Kirk the prices are good and I haven't found anywhere with better service. Mxsouth has good prices but the service is always slow because they don't stock the stuff. And Chaparrel is horrible. I ordered from there once with sucess but the next time I ordered a part and they sent the wrong thing. Even though the invoice said the right thing they wouldn't take it back. Much less send the right thing. Thats just my experances. FWIW

paul6585

~SPONSOR~
Aug 27, 2002
FRP - Jeff Fredette has always been very helpful and he is a real nice guy. Customer service goes a long way with me. His prices are very competitive too. He sells the WER steering stabilizer cheaper than WER does. :yeehaw:

louis

Sep 2, 2002
Jeff has helped me several times with new and used parts but most of all advice. I will always remember this when its time to shop.

gwhII

Mar 31, 2003
Don't know if MXSouth has the best ratio but they are good in that they'll match prices if you find a better price out there. They've also got a wide selection. I've had several orders with them and everything has been correct. Plus they're listed as a sponsor of this site so I figure I'm indirectly helping out DRN too.

Best,
Greg

gn83tm

Dec 30, 2002
I use DK, Rocky Mtn, and Fredette depending on what I'm buying. My first choice is Fredette due to the fact that he has helped all of us so much, whether we know it or not.
My second choice is DK. I order it all on-line (usually late at night) and I have it within a day. They have always shipped to me within 24 hours and I'm only 1 day UPS from them. The free shipping over $100 is helpful and sometimes it gives me an excuse to get a few extra goodies. Their regular shipping is only $6 so that isn't bad either. I think they'll price match but I rarely find that they're higher than anyone. I've scored a ton of great deals on apparel at their outlet store.
I have ordered some stuff from Rocky but usually only when I couldn't get it from FRP or DK. They seem ok but they are another day away from me and don't offer the free shipping.

Braahp

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2001
Hey Bilbrey................I'd PM you but you don't.   

You up for a ride this weekend?  Copelands Cove area...maybe up to Tays grocery.    I'd like to check out that KDX of yours. 

john_bilbrey

Mar 22, 2003
Originally posted by Braahp
Hey Bilbrey................I'd PM you but you don't.   

You up for a ride this weekend?  Copelands Cove area...maybe up to Tays grocery.    I'd like to check out that KDX of yours. 

There is some talk of going up to Red Boiling Springs, but that's "a fer piece" for a quick ride. Maybe hit the Cove? We rode up tp the store a couple of weeks ago. I'll check with Dad, he said he needed me to come over this weekend and help him hang a door, but he's generally up for a ride. Maybe Saturday afternoon? I'd also like to go up to Monterey, it's been a long time since I've ridden up there.

Top Bottom