Best Places to Live/Ride

Ryan759

Jan 10, 2004
I was just wondering what cities are the best to live in for motocrossers?

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Cities....none

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
I don't know about "best" but Suburbs of Chicago isn't to awful bad. Lets see you have Joliet Motosports,Pecatonica, Byron, Walnut, Ottawa, Mt carrol, mendota, not to mention a 2 hour drive from Red bud. have to drive a little to all these facilitys but northern IL has more tracks and riding spots then many other areas in the country short of southern california? not one of these above mention places are farther then 2 hours drive time?

wardy

try this link http://www.amadistrict17.com/services/d17map.html

Last edited:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Wardy is right - if you want to be near a big city and ride motocross - Chicago is a good choice. Yeah, the weather stinks in December & January but we have indoor tracks for that time.

I live 30 miles south of Chicago and have at least 50 (!!) MX tracks within a 200 mile drive (includes tracks in IL, IN, WI, MI, IA).

RedThumper

Feb 29, 2004
Denver, CO!

There are 5 MX tracks (open year round) within 30 minutes of the city and several others within a 1-2 hour drive.

If trails are more your thing there are endless trail systems that start as close as 40 minutes from downtown.

And to top it off - 300 sunny days a year!

ScottYZ250

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
How about living either in the SF Bay Area or the Sacramento area for good riding. I live kinda in between, and from my house I have 3 State OHV Parks, 12-15 tracks, several county owned track/trail systems and many legal trail systems in the Sierra Nevadas all within a 100 miles of my driveway! :aj:

kdx200chick

Mar 27, 2004
Riverside California Weather is always great! Race tracks are EVERYWHERE plus, desert riding, trail riding in national forests etc. You just can't beat California!

r_outsider

Mar 2, 2004
There's tons of great places to live if you ride, but if you want the best place for a motocrosser, just look where most of the pros come from...SoCal and northern Florida.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
I'm pretty happy up in the great white north. Sure, I can't ride from end of november through february, but if I wanted to, I can drive 3 hours south to ride in the winter. As it is, once the snow is gone, I have to push my bike 2 blocks to get to one trail system, can ride right from my house to another trail system, or drive 20 minutes to fort shepard for some sand riding. Then, once into the summer I can hit the higher elevations for more fun. There's no tracks, or really organized trail systems unless I drive for an hour, but I can ride all day without seeing a soul or the same trail twice. The only downer is the minimum 4 hour drive for races. :(

dead

Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Apr 28, 2003
I'm suprised no one said Texas. I'm making the move from Dayton, OH to Austin, TX and I was pretty happy to find out there are tons of riding areas within an hours drive. Here we drive 3 hrs for a decent ride :(

www.texasoffroadnetwork.net is a great site to check out

hapanese

Stuff is good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 25, 2001
Dead,
Is that an accurate link? I couldnt access it.
I just moved to Abilene from Japan. Two tracks within 30 minutes that I know of. I'm looking for more places to ride.

joejoe

Jan 21, 2004
state of washington

great riding here in washington...we have year round woods at tahuya and walker valley, :thumb: year round desert riding all over eastern part, several mx tracks ( featuring washougal), beach riding on the pacific coast in oregon, and thousands of trails in the national forests from may through october!

KDX1

Mod Ban
Jun 5, 2001
Here in West Virginia, we have some of the best single track trails around! Many of these trails are actually old logging roads that consist of switch backs. In the southern part of the state there are the Hatfield and Mc Coy trails. This is an excellent trail system that is well maintained and marked. A fee is required to ride these trails, but it is money well spent. There are also some mx tracks scattered through out the state.

check out: http://www.trailsheaven.com

yater

Nov 7, 2003
If you like to trail ride, you're s.o.l. in Texas. I live near San Antonio in the hill country and I'm a member of the dirtbike club of San Antonio. Otherwise, I'd have to travel 5 hrs to the only public land in Texas (Sam Houston national forest). Texas sits on lots of oil. For that reason, the land is all bought up!

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Not NY, thats fer sure. :whiner: :|

harrytwilo

Feb 25, 2005
i live in Silocon valley AKA San jose ca/bayarea. and i have metcalf park 20 minutes away from me and if i wana drive 90 minutes at most i have Clubmoto,fairgrounds, hollister hills,clear creek and carnegie. and if i wana drive really far i can go to Hangtown. and if i wana supermoto i have my neighboorhood

JayP0629

Mar 11, 2005
if u like trail rideing, maine/nh/vt are GREAT, hundereds of mile of trails... there are no end to them..

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…