tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
i finished my B qualifier and as instucted, i looked to do my part as a flagger. i made my way to the back of the track and i believe it was xrpred that i relieved. i was tired and anxious to get my kids bike prepped for his race but i was going to do my share. i was on that middle table top in the back. its the pro/a moto. gate drops and all hell breaks loose. here they come. dubach and coop are neck and neck. coop whips the bike so hard and so early that the bike cleared that table no more than 5 ft off the ground. i am slackjawed........every time.........every lap... and im a mere 10ft away. the best was when they came over side by side whipped and on the gas and as they hit the back triple they were whipped in formation like they were the blue angels or something. very cool stuff. :thumb:

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
Man, that was so cool! Second moto, they were bar to bar and looking at each other, yelling for all I know. After Doug got back up, he pulled back onto the track so they could go at it again.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
thanks for doing your part in helping with the flagging there are definately advantages to be found in doing so:thumb:
Dale the kid that came down with us was in a bum mood on Sat not being able to race because of his busted Collarbone but when he was flagging on the big stepup for practice DrD whipped the bike for him every lap. Most of the time the DR would look straight at him and he could see the smile under the helmet they were so close. Dale shot 20 pictures of him and later said that made up for missing the races

Attachments

• dale&drd1.jpg
    dale&drd1.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 410

mrmodine

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 2, 2002
I have to admit, flagging was about the highlight of DW for me as well. I got the privilege of flagging almost all the moto's at the top of the big step up! What a fantastic view that was! You could see almost every turn on the whole track.

I actually got relieved during the A-Pro moto by Phillip so I got to do some filming. I have a VERY LARGE MPEG that I took of DRD and Coop just after the big step-up which I have posted on my FTP site. Worth seeing but its HUGE...I think 6MB. There is also a smaller file that is good too. If you have a good connection, I suggest checking these out:

Big File(6MB): Click Here
Small File (2MB): Click Here

They probably won't play very well while they are downloading...so just play it again when it finishes and it should play well.

Christopher

Last edited:

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
We were by the last long uphill straight, I was grinning ear to ear watching them come screaming up and over the hump, rear tires seeming to bounce from little whoop to whoop, front tire a couple of feet off the ground.... the whole way....!?!?

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
Flagging the mammoth step up was so cool. I thought coop was going to put tire tracks on my forehead he was passing so close. I think i got the serial # off the underside of the bike everytime he passed. Dr. D seemed to take the outside but every lap was cool. Nik-dawg cleared it a few times as well in the ladies race. #904 on the KTM was also flying and putting on quite a show as well. I don't know if I am going to make it a whole year for the next one. I am ready to go back now.

mrmodine

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 2, 2002
Speaking of number 904...whoever he is...

Check this one out....this is him over the big step up. I had to edit the hell out of this picture to get it to be under 75K. Whoever you are 904, let me know and I can email you the full shot.

Attachments

• 904.jpg
    904.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 357

Bill Hibbs

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 1999
Was that heal clicker during the team MX race? Cause I guess one of the guys on my team was doing them during the race! Him and Mick on the team pretty much explains why we won it.

I was working the back step up jump into the corner and it was cool looking at Doug's face as he was jumping that. Definitely a highlight of the trip for me as well!!

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Awesome pic! I remember seeing that rider in the pits, but never saw the heel clickers in action.

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
You missed a good show Nat.!!!!

Seems like nobody got a pic of my backflip, 360, barrel roll, no footed can can heal clicker right behind this guy!!!!! :laugh: :aj:

Last edited:

mrmodine

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 2, 2002
Originally posted by Philip
You missed a good show Nat.!!!!

Seems like nobody got a pic of my backflip, 360, barrel roll, no footed can can heal clicker right behind this guy!!!!! :laugh: :aj:

Oh, thats what happened...I thought it was Wendy who got airlifted out...

Gosh, I hope you recover! :laugh:

Top Bottom