srgnz

Jan 8, 2002
I am in need of a good set of shocks for vintage mx, but can't find anyone with a non-biased opinion (ie: someone who isn't trying to sell me their brand).

I need a shock about 14 inces between centres and 4 inches max travel. It needs to be rebuildable and preferably adjustable.
I have eliminated a few and narrowed it down to Ohlins, Works, Technoflex or Falcon.

Does anyone out there have experience with any of these - or any others that are good enough to mention? I would appreciate any feedback - good or bad.

WhiPit

Mar 16, 2000
The WP Suspension shocks from Holland would make a good choice. Better quality than most and more adjustable than the Ohlins. Contact the Australian importer for more info.

maicomotoman

Dec 16, 2001
I use the Works Performance shocks on my bikes, and couldn't be happier. For about $300 they will build a set for you. They know the setup for just about every popular vintage bike, all you have to do is plug in your weight and ability/aggression level. In my unbiased opinion they are the best shocks for the $. I'm sure the Ohlins are great, but also more$. I don't know much about the other brands you mentioned...Ask Dave at AMS for the Works shocks, he's always been helpful and fair with me.
http://www.amsracing.com/

vntgmx

Nov 12, 2001
I'd recommend Works.....best bang for your buck...for around $300 you get a real set of working shocks.....ohlins are much more expensive & are just available in generic sizes & setups.....

tonyc

Nov 7, 2001
I have works performance on my RM400N
Would have got Ohlins but could not afford it after buying an Ohlins PDS shock for my KTM 520.
Contact Robert Taylor at Hawera Motorcycles he is the NZ agent for Ohlins.

tonyc

Nov 7, 2001
Hi Steve
I wish I was going to Takaka this weekend.
I had a plate removed from my leg a few days before xmas and still have about 4 weeks before I can race again.
Broke my leg about 18 months ago at canterbury mx champs.
How much classic racing do you do?
I have had the RM for abit over a year.
I also race a KTM 520 SX
email me if you like.
tony.cutler@lynnriver.co.nz
Tony

Top Bottom