Pushin50

Dec 18, 2006
Skied Tuesday night, I volunteer with Cannonsberg Challenged Ski Association to help disabled persons ski. We had a paraplegic skier who skis in a sit down bi-ski. At the top of the hill the wind was so strong it blow the kid backwards. We had to push him to the lip of the hill and over the top to get him going. The snow driven by the wind felt like a sand baster was pointed at my face. It was worth it. The skiiing was great. By 8:00 PM there were only about 50 skiers left at the ski area.
Got home around 10:00 PM and started to plow the drive way with the quad. The wind was blowing so hard I could not see the drive way behind me as I backed up the quad. Spent two hours clearing a path so my wife could get to work in the AM. Woke up at 5:15 the next morning to plow again. I had to clear the drift in the front of the barn so I could get the quad out. Big drifts covered the drive (200ft long). Did not get the drive open until 9:30. Wife was a little late for work.
The wind let up late morning but the snow continued to accumulate. Plowed again at 3:00 PM. About six inches to clear but this seemed easy as there were no drifts. I aslo plowed the front yard so my blind dog could play frisbee. She can't hear the frisbee land in soft snow.
Thursday morning I decided it was time to go snowmobiling. I spent two hours clearing a four foot high drift in front of the shed just so I could get the snowmobiles out. This work was well rewarded with the best snowmobiling in years. I can't wait to ski again tonight.

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Pushin50 said:
Skied Tuesday night, I volunteer with Cannonsberg Challenged Ski Association to help disabled persons ski. We had a paraplegic skier who skis in a sit down bi-ski. At the top of the hill the wind was so strong it blow the kid backwards. We had to push him to the lip of the hill and over the top to get him going. The snow driven by the wind felt like a sand baster was pointed at my face. It was worth it. The skiiing was great. By 8:00 PM there were only about 50 skiers left at the ski area.
Got home around 10:00 PM and started to plow the drive way with the quad. The wind was blowing so hard I could not see the drive way behind me as I backed up the quad. Spent two hours clearing a path so my wife could get to work in the AM. Woke up at 5:15 the next morning to plow again. I had to clear the drift in the front of the barn so I could get the quad out. Big drifts covered the drive (200ft long). Did not get the drive open until 9:30. Wife was a little late for work.
The wind let up late morning but the snow continued to accumulate. Plowed again at 3:00 PM. About six inches to clear but this seemed easy as there were no drifts. I aslo plowed the front yard so my blind dog could play frisbee. She can't hear the frisbee land in soft snow.
Thursday morning I decided it was time to go snowmobiling. I spent two hours clearing a four foot high drift in front of the shed just so I could get the snowmobiles out. This work was well rewarded with the best snowmobiling in years. I can't wait to ski again tonight.

:cool:

Sounds like fun......but, I can't wait until spring. The MMBA/MSG race there in June is going to be a blast!

Can't wait to get my sleds back from the shop....there's finally enough snow to make going out on the trails that cross our road (Gun Lake) worth it! Even saw a groomer :yikes:

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
It's good to see someone's enjoying the snow. When I moved from the Soo I sold my sled and now all I do is blow the stuff out of my driveway. This has been a good season for the sleds, not so much the last few years around Twin Lake. Maybe global warming is over :p

kiddirt

Aug 28, 2010
hey bill,
glad to hear your enjoying the winter, sounds like lots of fun.

i've been snowshoeing alot, getting these legs stronger for all those whoops.
won't be long now...

ws6transam

Nov 17, 2005
We burned a lot of fuel in the snowmobile these past few weeks. I'm sad to see it all melt off, actually. However the WR500 is calling. I still need to fix some of the stuff I broke this past fall, like the front fender and the headlamp.

Top Bottom