gozfast

Apr 19, 2002
I'd like to use some of my income tax refund money to finally get my front and rear suspension fully redone and set up on my '98 CR250R. I am a 185lb. intermediate 40+ vet rider and my riding is mostly on outdoor motocross type tracks. My bike is already good enough for the way I ride and I don't think I need to upgrade to a newer one, but I'd like it to work a little better for me. I'm looking for excellent results and a good value and want to avoid the fly by night tuners that just throw in a set of springs and turn the clickers, but I don't think I'm good enough or rich enough to really use a full works suspension. Does anyone have any experience with anyone that they've been really happy with? Race Tech, Pro Action, Factory Connection, Pro Circuit or anyone else?

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
i would try and look for someone local, or a local franchise. ie the guy that knows your tracks, and the guy that will come to the track to help you tune it, and the guy that only works 20 mins away so if you dont like it he can have another look, since he is the same guy that will stand by his work.

gozfast

Apr 19, 2002
I'm in Tallahassee Florida and I don't have anyone local available so this will have to be a ship out/ship back affair.

2000SE

May 7, 2002
gozfast..I can recommend someone...I will need to email you that info though as to not upset anyone on this board though....send me a quick email and I will give some advice.. I ride a 1997 CR250 and just had mine completely revamped...nice... darrenheath@excite.com

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
MX Tech
Jeremy!
Great Service!
Great Turnaround!
Great Job! :thumb:

Motox125

Jun 15, 2002
I have Factory Connection stuff, and I love it. At the end of a moto, I am less tired. I can also ride harder, because of vastly reduced arm pump. The biggest thing, in my opinion, is how much plusher the forks are initially, but yet how much they resist bottoming. The biggest downside, I think, is the price. I expected it to be around $400, but after they hade made various updates, and replaced probably 20 different seals and bushings, the price came to $525, and that is without changing springs.

I live locally, so I did not ship it, I drove the 7 miles from my house to the shop. I was very surprised by the size of the place. It is a fairly tiny shop, with probably 3 or 4 rooms... It did not look any larger than 2 or 3 garages, but I really could not see the whole place. I dropped my stuff off at probably 11 or 12 in the morning, and by 4 it was ready.

Honestly, the difference is unbelieveable. These guys work magic with suspension, but they charge you for it. In my opinion it is totally worth it. I have ridden other YZ125's with other company's revalves, and the factory connection stuff is definatly superior. The shock stays planted, no matter what the terrain, and is very smooth. The forks are the same way. It does not bottom very often, and when it does, its not hard.

I have ridden with a sales guy, a machinist, and the owner, and they are all pretty good riders.

I think it is worth it, but it is still very expensive. If you have played with the settings on the stock suspension extensivly, and have not found anything rideable, then send your stuff here. Something I never did was play with the stock suspension, which I should have done first, but it is too late now.

Top Bottom