cycleboy

Sep 8, 1999
Going there this weekend. We are planning to ride someplace called the little manistee (sp). Good trails? Are there better places near there? We are staying near wolf lake. Any info. would be greatly appreciated.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Cycleboy, I rode these trails two weeks ago. If you stay in Wolf Lake, you will have a 100 mile trail loop to the west. There is limited gas available along this loop. I would recommend the trails north of Highway 10. The trail south of Hwy 10 will require the bikes to be street legal. To the east of Wolf Lake you have some good trails also (smaller loops and no roads).
Have fun!!

A

astonmartin36

Wolf lake is awesome

last weekdend i was terring up trails at wolf lake and i love the competition so the loops really threw me off coarse because it was my first time there. I ended up runnung out of gas before the next gas station so i had to push my dirt bike 1 1/2 miles to the next gas station because we were alredy heading there. But that was one of the best tides of my life and I'm 19 and been riding for 9 years.

cycleboy

Sep 8, 1999
WOW! 5 year old thread revived

astonmartin36,

Man, this thread is old. I posted this right after purchasing my 2001 KTM 250 exc. We've ridden every motorcycle only trail in lower Michigan since then and some in the UP. If you think the trails near Wolf Lake are the best you've ever ridden try Tomahawk or Kalkaska. You'll be blown away! I've ridden lots of other trails since 2001 in Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado and Minnesota just to name a few of the states and the singletrack in Michigan is still my favorite. I still have the 250 but in January of 2005 my riding buddy and I bought new 450 EXCs and took them down to Texas for the warm weather. The Sam Houston Forest in Texas is a lot like Michigan, we call it Michigan South and went back there the end of February 2006. This summer we plan to revisit all of our favorite singletracks in lower Michigan and want to try to do Drummond Island and Sandtown in the UP.

J

jimbo hill

Tomahawk Trails

cycleboy said:
astonmartin36,

Man, this thread is old. I posted this right after purchasing my 2001 KTM 250 exc. We've ridden every motorcycle only trail in lower Michigan since then and some in the UP. If you think the trails near Wolf Lake are the best you've ever ridden try Tomahawk or Kalkaska. You'll be blown away! I've ridden lots of other trails since 2001 in Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado and Minnesota just to name a few of the states and the singletrack in Michigan is still my favorite. I still have the 250 but in January of 2005 my riding buddy and I bought new 450 EXCs and took them down to Texas for the warm weather. The Sam Houston Forest in Texas is a lot like Michigan, we call it Michigan South and went back there the end of February 2006. This summer we plan to revisit all of our favorite singletracks in lower Michigan and want to try to do Drummond Island and Sandtown in the UP.

J

jimbohill

Tomahawk Trails

Cycleboy,
You say Tomahawk Trails are the best in lower Michigan? Kalkaska is good too? I'm impressed that you have ridden everything in lower michigan. Could you tell me where I should be ridding.

James

cycleboy

Sep 8, 1999
jimbohill,
I guess my comments about the ridding in Michigan seem like I'm just tooting my own horn. I was just excited about all the great trails there and wasn't trying to impress anyone. Despite the screen name I'm no kid, in fact I'm qualified to ride super senior in D17. I got addicted to two wheels when I was a kid so that's the reason I've gotten to ride so many places. I don't know where you should be riding but I'll share my opinions if you're interested. What do you like? On the other hand if your just lol like Asrith then ...

HAYSHAKER170

Nov 17, 2005
I rode the Sandtown trail on my Cr250 this last July. It was really narrow and technical. Of course I normally ride 50 inch trails with friends on quads. I liked it. Unfortunately there is some logging going in there and some parts of the trail are almost impassable. But I am sure that is changing daily. The Brevort trails system is real popular up there. There are a lot of riders in the trailhead parking lot whenever we go by.

Top Bottom