Yamablue

Apr 23, 2002
My kdx is a SR version, and has autolube, so no pre-mix. I am changing oils today and am wondering which oil on the market has the best results as in low smoke, carbon deposits and good lubrication?

In the end, if it doesn't matter a lot, then I may put some castrol syntec personal watercraft oil in it. It is a 2 stroke water cooled motor oil that is fully synthetic. It works great in my boat!

What do you think?

Tom Ludolff

Oct 3, 2002
That would probably work fine. I'm a big fan of synthetics. Many use Mobil 1 MX2T full synthetic 2-stroke oil. It's half the cost of stuff at the bike shops and supposedly burns very clean. I haven't done a rebuild yet, so I don't know first hand.

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
I run Mobile MX2T, mainly because it's synthetic, and i can go anytime i want to the autoparts store in my area and buy it at my lesure.

Johnnyboy

Aug 25, 2001
Here is what I have gleemed from our local guru ( 5X state enduro champion, 5X state road champion, runs the service dept at the shop, has ridden for YEARS) Synthetics (Silkolene in particular) burn cleaner but Castrol is the better lubricant (ie clean your power valve more often). He uses Castrol in all his race bikes.

Houndog

~SPONSOR~
Oct 11, 2002
I think Canyncrvr uses H1R ;)

I actually use it, the previous owners of the bike use it and it seems to work great here. I tried Ipone for a tank but it is almost $22 a liter here in Canada, the local shop was out of H1R and I needed oil.

kx200

Feb 1, 2001
Right now I’m doing a long term test on a stock 1997 KDX220 that is used for dual sport only, to see how long it will last before it dies (stock 97 piston aren’t supposed to last too long) any way it has over 2000 miles on it so far and when you look up the exhaust port things still look good. Using a B8ES plug that hasn’t fouled yet. The oil is Wal-Mart outboard at $6 per gal and running at 50%1 I’ll see what it looks like at the end of the year.

Top Bottom