Best way to keep 4 strokes cool as possible???

400F MAN

May 19, 2001
I have a 99 yz400F and I do alot of tight trail riding with it. It gets pritty hot when I need to go slow in the tight stuff.I was wondering the best additive that I could put in the radiator to keep the temperature at its lowest? I've been looking in to some of the but I'm not sure whitch one to use? Motor Max,Engine Ice,Water Wetter,40 Below,Be Kool. I don't really feel like buying all of them and trying them out for myself. That would be too much$$. So if anyone out there could shed some light on the subject it would be much appericated. :think

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
I have not had any problems with over heating my YZ250F and I use Water Wetter. Therefore, it must be working :confused: .

400F MAN

May 19, 2001
BagerMan: A friend of mine said that he use water wetter in his car and he said it made a small difference. I'm really looking for the best out of the few that I mentioned.Thanks for the reassurance that water wetter does work if all else fails.

xrsforever:I do change my oil and oil filter every couple rides and also try to keep my air filter as clean as possible.Thnx for the tip.:D

400F MAN

May 19, 2001
good results

Since the last time I posted a friend of mine went out and bought a bottle of water wetter. Put it in his bike and we went riding today. It did definitly make a differenc compared to the water and antifreeze mix. I dont have a temp gun. If I did I would probably do my own testing. Performance did seem a little better.

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
Overheating?

Try a wr catch tank and a 01'kx65 radiator cap, its a 1.8
I run the 1.8 cap without the catch tank on my wr and have zero problems.
It will gurgle if I sit and let it idle, so I just shut it off if I am not moving.

sirhk100

Feb 8, 2001
I've got a '99YZ400 also and didn't want to put on the WR catch tank so I got a reservoir from www.whitetrashracing.com It works good, looks good, and is pretty cheap. These guys are cool too. They sent it to me with out even paying them and I rode with it for a weekend. They said try it out and either send a check or return it. It's working out for me!
Khris

Top Bottom