Better Porting!

falcon1

Mar 20, 2003
My friend has a 99'CR250 that I took for a ride today. It has a complete pro circuit ported engine and exhaust with high compression. I must tell you I've ridden some fast bikes(99 CR500, 01 YZ426, 03 CRF450) This thing is just an animal. I mean brutal right off idle. He dosent even like to trail ride it. I have a 93' CR250 (motors all stock except PC exhaust) that I love, and was thinking about sending to Eric Gorr for porting. The thing is I dont want an unridable bike like this, just a smoother hit and more over all power, mainly mid and up. I would'nt mind a little more bottom end. I strictly trail-ride. Does anybody have any suggestions?

atc3434`

~SPONSOR~
Nov 1, 2001
I'm not sure what to tell you as far as the porting issue, other than Eric Gorr is, from what I've heard, a magician. If you can get him on the phone, let him know exactly what you have, and what you want, and he seems to get real close. Many, many DRNers are satisfied customers, and I will be joining them eventually. I'm curious, that 99 CR250 sounds EXACTLY like a 99 CR250 I rode that belonged to a guy named Andy Miller. It was INSANE, right of the very bottom. It could putt putt up a vertical hill, and if you wacked it, you'd be over backwards before you could say "wiskey throttle." Just curious too, where in NY you at. I'm right in the Syracuse area, it would be great to find a another dude to ride with. We got a couple nice spots we hit. Later man.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
FWIW, a '99 CR 250 with stock porting and pipe is an excellent trail engine.  More low end power than most MX bikes and smooth power delivery.

Mine was set up by an AA enduro rider and it is an absolute sweetheart on the most technical single track trails.   Motor mods include a Delta Force reed valve w/ carbon fiber reeds, an e-line lighting coil (acts like a flywheel weight), an FMF TC2 spark arrestor, and the powerjet carb from a '97 CR.   The bike works great. 

falcon1

Mar 20, 2003
atc, I'm on the east side of NY, 45 min. south of albany. We ride on a nice twisty 3/4 mile home made MX track, with some table tops and small doubles, and occasionaly take a trip over to the berkshire mountains.
I wonder If a boyeseen RAD valve would work well instead of porting, or maybe it wouldnt even compare. They are really about the same price!

Faded

~SPONSOR~
Jan 7, 2003
Gorr's Mo Betta package sounds like what you are after. You'll notice it more than you'll notice the Rad valve (unless you're current reeds are broke in half/chipped/missing). I rode a '98 that was smooth and strong with enough hit to get you by, but not so much that it was in anyway unpredictable.

falcon1

Mar 20, 2003
Does anybody know the current approximate turnaround time for porting at Forward motion?

he he he......

Faded

~SPONSOR~
Jan 7, 2003
Falcon,

I would call him to get a turn around time. I sent mine in the busiest part of the year and it took three weeks, but I doubt he's that backed up now, who knows? Well worth the wait. :thumb:

Fark

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2002
I'm a satisfied two time customer. Had him do a big bore mini and mo-betta on my RM125. Once I got the jetting right I was astounded.

CRkev

Mar 19, 2004
Get A V-force Delta Reed Cage, The V-force 3 Is Now Available In The Dennis Kirk Catalog, I Assume It Is Better Than The Delta 2 Which I Just Put In My 99 Cr 250. It Helped A Good Bit, Especially On Bottom. It Made It "alotttt" Easier To Lug Up Hills. Well Worth The $130 I Payed At Motosport.com With Free Shipping.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…