Better Tires

DR350SE

May 5, 2004
Hey all,

I bought a 1997 Suzuki DR350SE form a guy from work for a steal. It had only 350 original miles on it and it is mint.
The bike is great but I was wondering about getting new tires on it for more road riding.........any suggestions?
It has a Dunlop D601's on it now. I am looking for a tire that is more for the road. the sizes are Front: 80/100-21 and the back is : 110/90-18.

Can anyone help me with this ?

Karl

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Hi Karl:
If it were mine I would put a set of Kenda K270's on it. They are very nice rubber for the price and excellent 90% street tire! Go to Chaparral-racing.com and price the 5.10 x 18 and the 3.25 x 21 and you will be shocked at how inexpensivley youcan get a decent set of tires for that bike for the type of use you are looking at!!
If you are NOT going to ride on the trails at all - give some good street tires a look at! May look a little different but hey, better safe then sorry!! I think a one of those low profile crotch rocket tires with a matching front would be way cool!!!! Kinda like a super-motard look!
Dont forget to check your speedo when your done...
Woodsy

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Oh, by the way, CONGRATS ON THE BIKE!! I sold one of those earlier this year and they are a neat bike!! HAVE FUN!!

DR350SE

May 5, 2004
Thanks Woodsy for your input. I will check out all your suggestions. I am sort of old for staring my riding career. I will be 35 in September but I feel like I am 12 all over again........I havent this much fun since God know when. Thanks again for your help.
Be Safe.

Karl

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…