KTM250RDR

Mar 27, 2002
I have a 01 TM 250 E and I love the bike but I am wondering if there is a way to get a little more bottom end? Would V-force reeds help? Any suggestions?
Thanks

KTM250RDR

Mar 27, 2002
Mikes
Thanks for replying. Which V-force will fit my bike? What is the SX insert? Would the thin base gasket make it hit harder?
Thanks

bte

~SPONSOR~
May 1, 2001
Change out the carb to a 36mm. Then to find a straight tapered needle to work with it. It takes some playing around with but it help more them anything else I tried. It's been a few years since I had my 01 TM250E, so I'm not sure what needle I ended up. I think the biggest problem with the 01 'E' is the tranny, the wide ratio 5 speed seem to kill the low end. 1st gear seems to be fine in the real ugly stuff but the jump from 2nd and 3rd gear seem to take alot of clutch work. You may want to look at tring to change out to the 5 speed MX tranny.

Best of luck.
brown

robbyemm2

Nov 15, 2005
better bottom end from TM's

Gudday

I had the same problem with a 2000 model TM300E. Just come off an RMX 250 (with crankcase porting work done to increase bottom and mid range) and found that the TM was weaker than the RMX ! Rang TM importers here in OZ - their reply was that I must be joking and dont know what i was talking about. The solution came from looking at the compression ratio - from memory it was around 16 to 1. My local engine tuner said that any bike with this sort of compression ration would have the power curve like a 125cc motor. He called TM and tried to get some answers as well - (probably due to us only getting 98 octane fuel - poor quality) but to no avail. He later machined the dome in the head (lowered compression ratio) and altered the squish shape. The result? - a heap more grunt down low and midrange and minimal impact at high RPM. (Incidentally - TM altered the heads on the bikes that come to OZ on the 01 modles as well. These bikes are awesome, i would just see if it the fuel you are using......

ta Rob

Top Bottom