Bewb-Friendly (Women's) Chest Protector!

Apr 30, 2007
While I don't know that they intended it to be, and they aren't paying me to say this, and someone else may slap my wrists tenfold for saying this, Troy Lee Designs made a chest protector that is comfortable to wear if you have a significant set of boobies!

I happen to have a significant set of boobies. How do I know this? Well, I ride behind 450s, and they throw rocks at them and they are significant enough to make me slow up when getting passed, or throw a protective arm across the vulnerable areas that my current Fox Airframe doesn't cover.

Today I spent three hours or so at my semi-local dealer, and tried on a crapload of CPs. Most of them have very poor coverage in the afore-referred-to areas. Where most woman parts curve out, the CPs are cut inwards.

The TLD Bodyguard 5955 fit wonderfully, almost as if they had women in mind. There was no smashing effect like there usually is when trying out men's gear. Not only does it not smash, it also has very very very wonderful side-of-the-bewb-coverage, and on top of that, it's Leatt brace compatible!

My only concern is that it feels like an insulating layer, and could get kinda sweaty on those really hot race days? I could be wrong there.

While it's not dead set, I may be setting the Fox Airframe aside to be replaced with one of these new rigs!

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
You may want look into the Acerbis Lady Fusion 2. We have two for our daughter and her friend [Dolly Parton Jr]. :whoa:
They can be found online for as little as $60!

Apr 30, 2007
Well, I went and broke (unrepairable) my beloved CP during my first ride this year.

Just looking at the Lady Fusion 2, it didn't get my stoke level up very much. It looks like a plastic shell that you strap on, which has space for the Dolly Parton bits, but that appears to be all.

Have they crashed hard wearing one? I know that the Fox airframe I just broke took a pretty decent impact in the shoulder, and somehow I didn't break my collarbone thanks to the padding there (and a Leatt brace). That Acerbis stuff just doesn't look like it'd be fun to wear if you took a hard hit.

Top Bottom