kelvinmercer

Aug 2, 2003
Hello all,
I am wondering if anyone has put a mountain bike computer on there bike to use as a speedo.
My bike is only used for trail rides and I think it would be nice to know what I have done for the day. (km,speed,etc...)
I am looking at a Targa Sigma Sport.
Has anyone tried one of these? or can anyone recommend a speedo?

WildBill

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 29, 2002
You should be able to adapt any bicycle computer to your KDX, as long as it has the capability to be programmed for the specific / custom diameter of your wheel. Search the threads on this board for more discussions. I personally mounted a Panoram cycle computer purchased from the local Wal-Mart for around $25. It worked well in dry conditions and damp conditions after a little bit of silicone. Before I could re-locate it to a better mounting location, the computer unit broke in a crash. I believe that Trail-Tech makes a kit using this basic computer but with changes to better suit several makes of bikes. Good luck.

mcvtr

Aug 25, 2003
I use a Sigma BC800 on my KX125 framed KDX. the sigma is rated up to 186mph (300km/h) and is VERY easy to calibrate and fit.

I have used one on my VTR1000F Honda for 2 years now since I geared it down for better acceleration, and it still works fine.

hardest part is having it lit for night-time use, but you can buy a specific light for use with Sigma computers.

For the cost (GBP 10 - $15US) you cant beat it!

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
Check this tech tip from the JustKDX web page. It should provide all the info you need to get you started.

I used a Cat Eye brand computer on my KDX and it worked great. I gutted the stock obo drive and ran the wiring where the cable used to be. I installed the reed switch in the stock odo drive cover as well.

David

Top Bottom