scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
I posted this earlier. For those who are interested here it is again.

THE BIG BEAR RUN - JUNE 26-27, 2004
Our Annual Big Bear Run will be held earlier this year to avoid fire season. This two-day dual-sport tour of the mountains surrounding Big Bear Lake is open to riders of all abilities, and there will be route options with different levels of difficulty on Saturday. Novice riders may request the scenic loop roll chart. Intermediate riders will do the morning loop with the advanced riders, and can use the bail-out points if the going gets too tough. Anyone who wants a trophy will have to ride the more challenging afternoon loop.

Street-legal, licensed motorcycles with spark arrestors are required, and the newly mandated noise levels will apply. On Saturday evening, we'll present the A-Loop finisher plaques at our catered barbeque, to be followed by merchandise giveaways.

Registration and staging will be in the Snow Summit overflow parking lot located on Brownie Lane, east of Summit Blvd. and one block south of Big Bear Blvd. Sign-in will be from 7-9 PM on Friday evening, and 7-8:30 AM Saturday and Sunday mornings. Self-contained RV parking is permitted, but no tent camping or outdoor cooking is allowed. For campground reservations, call (909) 866-3437. For hotel/motel lodging, call (909) 866-7000 or (909) 866-3671.

Entry Form

http://www.bigbearbikers.com/bbtr/future_events.html

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Thanks Tim, I was trying to plan it for the Sunday ride, were you going to go, or anyone else?

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
I'm a little confused about whats going on on Sunday? There are no events listed for Sunday so I'm trying find out what there is to do on that Sunday? The web site only lists Saturday events, yet lists sign ups for Sunday? I'm open right now for either day, I just want to ride the cool oops.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Sunday is supposed to be a good loop from what I was told. Sat has morning and afternoon loops and some folks didn't get back till midnight last time! I'm out for Saturday I think, not sure yet though. The Sat morning loop is supposed to be a tough one, sounds real good. I'll check some more in the next couple of days and let you know.

oldandslo

Aug 29, 2001
Do you guys know how street legal you have to be? Street legal tires required? I have plates and insurance, do you think that is close enough?

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
You should be fine, there were guys up there with no turn signals and brake lights. Just tell them you know me, they'll let you pass right through! I'm out, I've been informed we have plans that weekend, damn...

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
a454elk said:
Just tell them you know me, they'll let you pass right through! QUOTE]

:yikes: DON'T do that! They'll lock you up and throw the key away. :nener:

Greg. You should be ok if you are plated and insured.

Tim. Not gonna get out this weekend. Do you know if that is mtngoat and his group?? Havn't heard from him in a while.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Terry,

I emailed mntgoat and he can not make it. Bummer because we haven't hoked up in a while.

Elk what this about you needing your uterus checked that weekend? Or was it a gyno appt? Come on man, she's gotta let you have at least 1 testical every once in a while. :moon: :p

Seriously, if you find out any info about Sundays ride let me know. the web site list no phone # or email?

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I was told that the Sunday loop was a fun and intermediate one, this is from my Sgt. at work that has a house up there and knows all the goings on with that club. There are guys going from the BMW shop down here as well, so I know that the loop can handle a larger bike. I need no nads for riding fool, they just get in the way! I ride quite often now, it seems as though YOU are the MIA member! :)

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
a454elk said:
I ride quite often now, it seems as though YOU are the MIA member! :)

I'm at every enduro race I can find. Haven't missed a single one this year and haven't finished outside the top 10 in any club race. :cool: Show up and ride it like one of our fun trail rides don't worry about the timekeeping. Everyone who has come out has had fun. :yeehaw:

I've mised our crew rides because I coach my kids teams most Saturdays which is when alot of our crew rides are set up. Now that it summer and Little League's over I am going to hit Miller Canyon and Big Bear quite often. Also going to KM for the 4th and hitting Pismo on Aug 20-22. When fall gets here it back to coaching on Saturdays again until winter.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I'm out old, sorry. We need to set up a miller canyon ride though, we are over due but lets get a weather report from someone OTHER than Jeff!!:)

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Fri
Jun 25 Mostly Sunny 79°/50° 0 %
Sat
Jun 26 Mostly Sunny 80°/49° 20 %
Sun
Jun 27 Mostly Sunny 78°/47° 20 %

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
I don't think so. I was planning on going solo, but decided at the last minute not to go. I had some family stuff to do. and this weekend is our KM trip.

lisa'sxr4

Jul 16, 2002
This was a great ride. I only did the intermediate loop (as I am nowhere near an A rider) but 52 people finished this year and end sweep was in by 9pm. A few loose rocky uphills to begin the day then some nice two track trail, then fire road & pavement into Pioneertown for lunch. Then more 2 track after lunch. (John Bull was at the end of the second loop so I luckly missed that!!)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Sounds like a great ride, we shold plan it next year and have the SoCal group ride together.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
lisa'sxr4 said:
You don't want me to lead I'm s-l-o-w!

s-l-o-w

We're used to that from when Bundy and 89er try to lead. Riden' wide take on a whole new meaning. :laugh:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
scar tissue said:
s-l-o-w

We're used to that from when Bundy and 89er try to lead. Riden' wide take on a whole new meaning. :laugh:

:ohmy: Hey now. Be nice Scary Spice. :yikes: :nener: ;)

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Ol'89r said:
:ohmy: Hey now. Be nice Scary Spice.

Never!

I came across a great shot of you from one of our corona adventures. Your laid out flat on top of a ridge with the valdez upside down next to you. :aj: I think it was from our lightning, mud fest day :yeehaw:

You don't even want to see the shots I have of Elk. :yikes:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
scar tissue said:
Your laid out flat on top of a ridge with the valdez upside down next to you.

Musta' been takin a nap. ;)

I think it was from our lightning, mud fest day.

Now THAT was a scarey day. :ohmy:

You don't even want to see the shots I have of Elk. :yikes:

Was he wearing the tutu?? :rotfl:

Top Bottom