dklink2000

Damn Yankees
Feb 18, 2002
I'm quitting my job today!!! :yeehaw: :yeehaw: Well putting in my two weeks anyway. I just heard back from the company I have been talking to for a while that all my paperwork and background checks just went through. They want me to start the 13th! (yeah I know thats less than two weeks away, but they can deal with it) Anyway I'm really excited, way more money and vacation time. My commute is going from 1 1/2 hours to 20 min. and they have a 37 1/2 work week! I'm putting in an average of 55 a week here!(with no OT).

Wish me luck everyone!!

-Dave

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
less hours and less drive time is always a good thing.

I don't know what I'd do if I had to give up my 5 minute commute (on a bicycle -- takes me six minutes in a rig)

dklink2000

Damn Yankees
Feb 18, 2002
Thanks guys! I'm a little nervous about quitting, I don't know why. I have been dreaming of this day for a while and thought I wouldn't be able to wait to do it.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Sounds great!!!! :cool:

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Congrats, the nerves are normal at least they were for me when giving up the tried and true for the somewhat unknown. Good Luck with the new job.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Best of luck. I hope you enjoy it. That's worth more than money.

dklink2000

Damn Yankees
Feb 18, 2002
Well I did it!! It actually went way better then I expected. As soon at my boss heard I wasn't going to a competitor, but a potental client, his attitude changed a lot. Look like they may actually let me work the next two weeks. :cool:

Thanks for all the good wishes!!! Ya know now I have enough vacation time to go to dirtweek. ;)

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
dklink2000 said:
Thanks guys! I'm a little nervous about quitting, I don't know why. I have been dreaming of this day for a while and thought I wouldn't be able to wait to do it.

If you have been dreaming about it, its TIME!!! :cool:

Celebrate!!!!

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
:cool:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
dklink2000 said:
Ya know now I have enough vacation time to go to dirtweek.

Heck it was worth the move just for that! Congrats!

Top Bottom