holeshot01

Apr 22, 2001
Hey,
Just looking for nyone who has had a big-bore kit for a cr,
265-275-285 kits,on what to expect as far as power,vibration,
jetting, and if theres a difference between rpm-eric gorr,etc.
Is it a substantial difference in power? any help appreciated.

gary:scream:

yardpro

Gone Bye-Bye
Oct 15, 2001
gomer got the 275 kit from eric, waiting to hear about it. I'm considering one too. I need an equalizer for all those skrawny fellows around here.:)

Mar 31, 2000
My riding buddy has a CR250 earlier model, the last year before aluminum frames. It has an IMS big bore kit top and bottom end, V-Force intake, port/polish, FMF tourqe, and custom cut power core shorty.
This is the fastest 250 I've ever ridden. It has smooth low vibration power that starts from the bottom pulling hard right up to a nice bored out 250 top end.
I am a true Kawasaki motor lover and have not had a chance to rip on a 310 KX powerplant, but yahoo to that Honda.
It'll pull right along with my KX500
p.s. - until I hit 4th gear....

tentbound

Apr 2, 2001
I don't know how the Honda big bore works, but the 265cc cylinder that Eric Gorr did for my Yamaha works great. The best 250 motor I have ever ridden. I little faster than before, but with a much smoother powerband. A 265cc is legal for the 250 class for AMA amateur competition (0.080 overbore rule)

The only thing I did to the modified cylinder was to polish the exhaust port and PV after I got it back from Eric.

cpmx76

May 5, 2000
I had 01yz275 that eric built . I didnt like it , not enough top end for my blood, had good low +mid power but signed off way to early. just my input, good luck with your decision.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Originally posted by cpmx76
I had 01yz275 that eric built . I didnt like it , not enough top end for my blood, had good low +mid power but signed off way to early. just my input, good luck with your decision.

Maybe it was ported for low-mid.:think

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom