Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
They are petty pricey to do.... last year a bunch of people said they wanted them then I got stuck with the bill when nobody bought them....:think

I do want to do some more... Who is interested at say $25 a pop(over estimated)? If there are enough people I will get the final numbers on how much they cost. Probably around the size of the the back of the t-shirt...maybe a little bigger?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Gotta have two. Bigger than last year? How about 12" - 14" ?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I'm in.:cool:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Well since i asked, i'm definately in! Atleast 2 for me and seeing that i kept my word on buying the DRN gear, i'll be paying! Thanks Thump for trying this again. I dont know what last year was like, but this year seems to be more people living up to their promises. And like Okie said 12" to 14". Any bigger and they wont fit on my truck window. Thank you very, very, very much! :)

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I can barely see out the back window of my truck as it is, but if I get the enclosed trailer I want, you can count me in too.:eek:

B

biglou

You guys are gonna flame the life outa me...

...but I'm not a big fan of the new logo (Duck! Incoming!). I do have one of them on the back window of the truck, though. I like flying my colors. I was just more interested in the "utilitarian" type, letters-only logo. Sorry, but to each his own, right? Holster those weapons now, please!;)

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
What?! You Don't like the logo?!

(Yosemite Sam on)
"Why-you-no-good-two-timing-double-crossing-long-eared-galoot!! Them's fighting words!":p
(Sam off)
I am not a big fan of stickers on vehicles.
Up until this past Monday, the only sticker I had ever placed on any of my vehicles was an inspection sticker. I now have a DRN sticker on my back window of my pickup. :cool:
I don't know what I'd do with a 12x14 sticker, but what the hell, count me in.:)

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
You Know I'm In!

That little bitty new logo across from the large older logo, on the back window, looks kinda pitiful.

Here is a look at the size of the older logo.

teaml.jpg

Last edited:
B

biglou

Let me 'splain

It's not that I dislike them, I'm just sorta on the fence about'em, that's all. I really liked the previous style, with the hurricane swirl. I recently cleaned all but four stickers off of my back window. Getting older, you know, wanted a more streamlined look. I have the "GT Bicycles", one for my local bicycle shop, the DRN (new one) in the lower left corner and my AMA sticker in the lower right.
I meant no disrespect whatsoever. I truly appreciate everyone's effort that goes into making this place what it is.
I wish I had a good Bugs Bunny quip to counter the Yosemite Sam, but it's still early and I haven't had my coffee!
Cheers,
Louis.

Ah, Twinspar squeezed in between us.
THAT's what I'm talking about!! Old school! (well, kinda).:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Don't worry about it!!!

There have been others that didn't like the new logo. Just what happened to them, I don't know :p

It's a prefernce thing. In fact, it's good for my ego! I designed the first one :)
Thump did the current one. LOL ...

Anyway, here is how it will go.

Thump will get the numbers. Minimum order/cost
He will post it here.
If you want one, two or whatever, you will send a check made out to Thump to:

Big Stickers
DirtRider.Net
PO BOX 526
Island Lake, IL 60042-0526

I will hold the checks until we reach the minimum order. THEN Thump will have them made.

If we don't reach the minimum order, I will destroy the checks.

Good enough?

B

biglou

Just what DID happen to them?

Now I'm afraid I'm gonna wake up with a horse head in my bed or get a dead fish in the mail!!;)
Should I change my location to "Somewhere near the 50 yard line, Giants Stadium, East Rutheford, NJ"??

Tell you what-Count me in for one. You guys can give it away to someone deserving or give it away at the fest. How's that? I mean, shoot, most of us think nothing of dropping SERIOUS change on our bikes, so what the hay?
I'm in.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Re: Let me 'splain

Originally posted by BigLou
It's not that I dislike them, I'm just sorta on the fence about'em, that's all.
That's :cool: . I was just messing with you! Just trying for a bit of early morning comedy!

Originally posted by BigLou
I wish I had a good Bugs Bunny quip to counter the Yosemite Sam, but it's still early and I haven't had my coffee!

You could have used:
(Bugs on)
" ahhh your brother blows bubblegum!"
(Bugs off)
:)

Keith

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
I dont know, i kinda like the new logo. It looks like some police emblems. I was wearing my DRN shirt while out scouting turkeys tonite and came across some underage kids that drinking. I always carry my pistol on one of those black web military belts with the cantan and mag pouches. When i walked up by them, they took off running in every direction. It was quite halarious! Guess what i'm drinking now! :confused: So thanks to DRN's new logo, i got some free beer! Boy will those kids feel stupid if they findout. Hahaha! The spot is known as a underage drinking area and use to get busted atleast once a month. Heck i even visited there once in awhile in my younger years.
:eek:

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
NEW vs OLD

For what it's worth ... I like the new logo, but I really really like the old one! That is why they still reside on my YZ (one on each shroud). I put one of the new ones on my tool box at the shop, a customer saw it from the office. He asked me if I used to be in law enforcement (thiought it was a badge), I laughed and said no. I did put another one front and center of my chest protector .. It looks really sweet!

I do not really have a use for a large stickie, but I would love to get my hands on some of the old ones (time to put the new graphics on). Can we still get the personalized ones. In fact the new ones would probably look even better if they all had "Team wrench" at the bottom!:scream:

How about different colors? The new logo would look really cool in purple! Did I mention that my YZ is purple and white?

wrench

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I see how it is, someone always has to throw a wrench in it somewhere (sorry, that was just oo easy)

I have some of the old stickers left... 2-300? Send a SASE if you want em.

Which reminds me, I still have some of the "old school" DRN t shirts as well. Will have to do a count, sizes, etc.

Support Members can get them for $4.00 each (to cover shipping) if you want them. Will try to get the inventory count on line Monday.

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Okie or Thump.. Put me down for another big DRN classic if you have any left. I also want 1 of the new style.

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
Big DRN classic??

Now if you have any of those left ... I want a couple of 'em.:cool:

I'm sending an envelope for some of the old (small) one's, and a couple more of the Tee's on Monday.

I am going to use two sets of Rad Shrouds .. On e set with the new logo and one with the old.:)

wrench

Top Bottom