380ePete

Dec 27, 2000
Has anyone tried either the new Dowd of Lafferty model exhaust systems on your KTM 400 RFS? I would like to hear what you think of them. Which one would be best for the desert racing?

2002 400MXC

ktm033

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 19, 2001
hey pete my dealer just called me today to tell me that my lafferty model was now in for my '02 400 mxc, will let you know, course they are putting a big bore kit in it too to make it a 453, that might add a little more :p

380ePete

Dec 27, 2000
ktm033,

Let me know. I may increase my displacement eventually as well. It sounds like the Lafferty pipe gives you more down low.

Have you figured out how you are going to jet it yet?

ktm033

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 19, 2001
am pretty fired up about the big bore kit, have read great things about it, was told by the boys at Lansing Cycle that the Lafferty model did just that, add more low end, was set to buy the Dowd but they told me that I really should buy the Lafferty for woods and HS work. They seemed to think stock jetting would be just fine.....will let you know!

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Originally posted by ktm033
hey pete my dealer just called me today to tell me that my lafferty model was now in for my '02 400 mxc, will let you know, course they are putting a big bore kit in it too to make it a 453, that might add a little more :p

033 - Please post a ride report, PLEASE

ktm033

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 19, 2001
I will definitely let you guys know, I am frothing at the mouth to get out on the bike, rode it stock a little in the fall before snow hit, was very nice then, also sent the forks and shock to factory connection and had them revalved and had the PDS reservoir/bladder kit installed on the shock, coupled with the 453 kit and the big gun it should be a woods monster. :p

Top Bottom