motoyoyo

~SPONSOR~
Apr 9, 2002
Has anyone tried the new Big Gun Quiet series pipes yet? From what I've seen of the Big Gun Race Series, they work good but are way too loud for me. I am looking for a good quiet pipe for my XR250 and XR400 that still has decent power, especially on overrev. The FMF QuietCore pipes are sooo long on these bikes and I've heard they don't perform as well as the Big Guns. I have a Vortip on my XR400 and it works pretty good and is fairly quiet. The XR250 requires a new spark arrestor end cap to use the Vortip and would then be about half the cost of a new exhaust. Hopefully, we will be seeing more quiet type performance pipes being developed by more manufacturers before we lose more riding areas.

alphado

Uhhh...
Jun 6, 2001
I got the Quiet Series for my YZ426. It is noticably quieter than stock, and you can change out the spark arrestor by just removing 4 screws. You can later change to a Race Series pipe by just replacing the Quiet core with a Race core.

motoyoyo

~SPONSOR~
Apr 9, 2002
Thanks for the info on the Big Gun. Sounds like just the right setup, especially being able to modify it so easily. I'll bet the Quiet Core could be modified as well to be somwhere in between the Race Core and Quiet Core.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom