YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
I am going to be riding the Big O Saturday Morning with a friend of mine from GR. We are camping at my cabin in Branch (just down the road from Bowman campground) friday night and riding Saturday. if anyone else wants to go riding with us you are welcome to, as long as your bike is platted. It's going to be a fairly relaxed pace. Going to try and not push too hard. Just a nice steady pace.

But there is a catch. I had some issues with my Honda last weekend. If I cant get them worked out I wont be able to ride the Big O with my buddy. And if we cant ride the Big O he is going to back out of the ride. But I still want to ride this weekend. I still have my yz400 that is running just fine.

So I hear that Mwiessen and a few others are going to be in the area this weekend. Were else besides the Big O is everyone riding this weekend. Might I be able to hook up with you all for either Sat or Sunday if my plans with the Big O fall thru?

And as always you are all welcome to camp at my place this weekend. There is plenty of room for campers / tents. And its free to boot.

Speaking of Camping...Hey Tall1. It sounds like you are just rough camping in the woods on state land? You do know that you are supposed to have a camping permit from the DNR to do that dont you? We got busted at Drummond this year for not having the correct permits. Luckily he was cool and just gave them to us.

If you want to e-mail me I can send you the form via pdf file. Just print it off on some heavy card stock. Then put a crease across the bottom portion so that the DNR can tear that portion off if they stop by.

== >MY E-MAIL <==

tall1

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 1, 2002
YZman,
We have a supply of the camping permits, but thanks for the warning. I can't ride the big "O" but if any one is interested on riding the little "o" on Friday or Saturday let me know the time and place and I will try to hook up with you for a ride.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
I was going to hit the Little "O" on Saturday morning if you can't get your Honda up and running. Or, I could even go for Lincoln Hills if you think it'll be better (Woodsy, that would probably include a little bit of Boon). Planning hit time would be 9:30-10am. (What that means is that start time is 9:30 but I won't be there until 10 if history repeats itself!)

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Sounds like a few possibilities formulating. Ill let ya's know what I find out about the Honda.Gonna tear into it either tonight or tomorrow. Wife has the night off tonight, kid is @ g-mas for 2 weeks. Wife may just want to go do something as a couple on her night off. Why I dont know. I thought hanging out under the carport with me as I swear at my bike would be a fine way to spend an evening together.

tall1

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 1, 2002
tall1 said:
YZman,
I can't ride the big "O" but if any one is interested on riding the little "o" on Friday or Saturday let me know the time and place and I will try to hook up with you for a ride.

Anyone interested? I am leaving early Thursday and won't have access phone or internet after that.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Tall1, I'm going to ride part of the Big O to the little O on Saturday morning, since I'm going to be camped right on the Big O and am road legl. I can meet you at the 32nd street parking lot, let's say 10am, then we'll either do the Little O or cut right at the fork on the LIttle O to the Lincoln Hills or stay on the Little O.

Don, it would be great if you and your friend can meet up and join us. You can either meet me at Bowman Bridge at my trailer around 9:30 or meet up at 32nd street at 10.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Well here is my thought. We are going to catch the Big O right were it pops into the west side of the Little O and ride it around clockwise. If you want to meet us at that spot we can ride the top of the Little O togeher till we hit the 32nd street staging area. There is a 2-track that runs off of Hamilton road. There is room to park at the power lines there. I have staged there many times in the past.

tall1

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 1, 2002
I can meet you guys at either location if you are doing a complete loop back to where I park. My map shows Little "o" as a 41 mile loop. On a hot day I think that would be the longest distance I would want to ride. If that doesn't fit into your plan, that will be ok, I'll stay and ride with buddies at Tin Cup.

Pictures of my buddies from Tin Cup can be seen here....
http://www.parrett.net/~jesswg/tcjune05/tc_frames_june05.htm

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
The Little O is more like 36 miles. I think Mark is going to run the entire Little O. If you 2 started at the west side of the trail where we would meet you we could all ride the top portion of the Little O clockwise towards the 32nd street staging area. My friend Rudy and I would leave you 2 at the 32nd street staging area and we would head south on the Mccct trail while you and Mark could continue north west on the bottom portion of the Little O and back to the trucks on the west side of the Little O.

Hows that sound?

tall1

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 1, 2002
YZMAN400 said:
The Little O is more like 36 miles. I think Mark is going to run the entire Little O. If you 2 started at the west side of the trail where we would meet you we could all ride the top portion of the Little O clockwise towards the 32nd street staging area. My friend Rudy and I would leave you 2 at the 32nd street staging area and we would head south on the Mccct trail while you and Mark could continue north west on the bottom portion of the Little O and back to the trucks on the west side of the Little O.

Hows that sound?
Works for me. Is that ok with Mark???
:cool:

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
I was riding up there off of the Big O instead of trailering, but this works. I'll have to find exactly where you're talking about on my maps. What's the best way I ride from the 32nd street lot where the Big O dumps to the parking spot you're going to be at? I'll just meet you all there on my bike.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Got your email Don! This is sounding better and better all the time.. With all the "we'll meet here and leave you there" going on someone is bound to get lost and have need of the rest of us spending sunday trying to find those lost and starving souls.. Keep up the chatter cause innocent ears are listening ;)
I am calling Larry tonight to see if I can twist an arm or two (of course just cause he probably wont make it doesnt mean squat about yours truely!!)..
Sure hope this rain sticks around a while!! :aj:

tall1

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 1, 2002
MWEISSEN said:
I was riding up there off of the Big O instead of trailering, but this works. I'll have to find exactly where you're talking about on my maps. What's the best way I ride from the 32nd street lot where the Big O dumps to the parking spot you're going to be at? I'll just meet you all there on my bike.

I could hook up with Mark at the 32nd street parking lot and we both could meet Don and friends at the Hamilton road entance. Looks like Hamilton road is about 10 miles down the trail. Would this work?

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
MWEISSEN said:

From your camp mark Id' just take 56th street road west to South Branch road North. This will take a jog to the west then back north and turn into Hamilton Road. This will come out on US-10 at Whats-his-faces. Cross the road and follow Hamilton North till you see the DNR arrows pointing you into the woods to the east down a 2-track. You will come to some power lines. This is our makeshift staging area.

tall 1 you would just take US-10 west to Whats-his-faces store and turn North on Hamilton and follow that to were the DNR arrows point you into the woods. YOu can easily get a car in there. Its not all that bad of a 2-track. It can be wet at times but I dont think we have to worry about that right now.

tall1

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 1, 2002
So are we all agreement on this location and time ???

Hamilton Rd.
9:30 AM Saturday

I'll check this forum 8.00am thursday, and If I don't see anything new, then I'm assuming the above place and time is agreed upon. I'm departing for up north at 9.00am Thursday.
:ride: :ride: :ride:

Last edited:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Not to throw another wrench into the works. But I am screwed. The Honda has some terminal problems that I cant get resolved before the weekend.

Sooo I cant ride the Big O. Which means that my buddy Rudy wont be coming out. Which means I am still going out to the cabin. I will bring the YZ400. But its not platted so I have to stay to the trails. I guess Tall 1 is already on the road so we will just meet at the predetermined staging area On the Little O. I would rather try something else myself. But I am game to ride anything if it comes down to it.

But another ride has been brought up to me yesterday. 2 of my friends were talking of riding up to Caberfae Saturday. I would much rather ride up there than in the Little O woops. So if I have a choice that is probably were I am headed.

I hate to keep changing everyones plans. But things sometimes happen that are outta my controll.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Ok one more change of plans. And this one is back to the origional plan. I have the YZ400 street legal. So I am riding the Big O Saturday. I will meet you folks at the predetermined staging area on that 2-track.

There is everyone confused enough. Woodsy I think you are wearing off on me. WE are going to have people scattered from one end of Baldwin to the other looking for each other. SHould be a hoot.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Yep - the most confused laid plans seem to end up the funnest!! I think I will take 3 bikes, leave one in the woods up off Hamilton road, leave another at the 32nd street lot, leave my van at marks campsite and ride Kadie up to Dons on friday night - spend the night with Don and see if Kadie will start the next morning - if not I can always hitchhike back to one of the other spots :)
Second thought I will just ride my chop and enjoy dual sprotin to the max!!

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
woodsy said:
Second thought I will just ride my chop and enjoy dual sprotin to the max!!

The MOSTEST BESTEST idea would be to talk Tall1 into making a trailer for Kadie to haul behind the chop.

Don, can you bring some extra premium to top off my KTM. I'd appreciate it.

The new tanks on the '05's are pretty small. This makes for a nice narrow tank, but I hit reserve REAL fast! I was dualling in the area last night and the bike quit abruptly. I thought it was major because I checked the fuel before I left and saw a half tank easy. I had already hit reserve and hadn't gone very far.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Im dual sportin over to the Little O just as you. I am gona be packin 2 20oz bottles of gas just in cast I need em. I got the stock yz tank. Not exactly sure how many miles I can make on that. I should be able to get around the top of the Big O and down to Baldwin for gas. From Baldwin back around to camp could interesting. Hench the extra gas I am packing. So to answer you topping off question. I dont know if I can help ya there unless I run some gas up to the trail Friday night for us to top off with.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
No problem, if it looks bad I can always swing into the station at Wolf Lake.

I'll have some gas at my campsite at Bowman Bridge you can top off with when you come through if that will help. That's not that far out from Baldwin though.

Godzuki

Sep 22, 2004
well what happend to the crf250x don are you not taking that one around, or does this have to do with the little oil leaky thingy. shoulda told me about taking the yz, i have the exxon valdez tank i could have lent ya. then again next week end it might be forsale hehehe.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Man did I have a great day out there. Trail was in awsome shape (could actually see groomer tracks out there. And after the monsoon swept thru on us and the blinding rain and the stinging rain on the road sections stoped and the rivers on the trail soaked in and the trees stoped falling and my bike stoped soaking up watter and stalling.......IT WAS ASWOME!!!!!!! Wow what a ride. Turns out I didn't have to worry about gas all that much. Gased up in baldwin then again at Hawley road were I stashed some gas the day before.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Sounds like you guys had a better day then ol Woodsy!! I get up to get going and oneof my great neighbors is at the end of my driveway blocking off the easement that connects the property beween us!! Neighbor problems is NO WAY to spend a perfectly good riding day - guy putting up a FENCE on MY property that I had to deal with :pissed: Don, you should ride over here and see what he did :|
Ever notice how if you try to be nice and get along with folks that there is always someone who views your good attitude as "A PUSHOVER" and will try to take advantage of you..
ANyway, glad you guys had fun - WE NEED A FULL RIDE REPORT - who showed? who rode how many miles? any crashes? anyone get lost without me??
Come on you guys - full details needed!! :aj:

Top Bottom