Big Wheel Kit for YZ85

Discussion in 'Pit Bikes & Mini's' started by tnyz80, Jan 4, 2003.

1. tnyz80

tnyz80 Member

Does anyone know who produces a big wheel kit for the yz85?

- PRODUCT DEALS -

2. viking20

viking20 Sponsoring Member

Dont know where to buy the wheels at the best price, but on the yz you only need the wheels.The swingarm is only 12-15 mm longer on the big wheel version.The wheel will fit,but you wont have as much room for adjusting the chain as normal,no big deal.When you buy a big wheel bike,the fork and shock springs are stiffer,so a soft spring for the big wheel version will be the spring thats normally on a small wheel version.This is off course only neccescary,if the rider is heavier.The wheels on the rm 80/85 are the same,the rear brake disc is also identical,so you shouldnt have too much trouble finding a set of wheels.

3. HiG4s

HiG4s Subscriber

Yamaha sells a big wheel version in europe, you should be able to get anything you need from them.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. oldguy

oldguy Always Broken

Yamaha does have all the parts available thru them to do the conversion. You would be looking at about $1500 for wheels Swingarm and other assorted parts

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. olddirtbiker

olddirtbiker Rookie

I am in the process of setting one up now. Get a copy of the 2003 Yamaha Off Road Accessories. To save some $$ I reused my hubs( just laced up to new wheels and spokes)In your owner's manual it has the spring rates for the big wheel.Cheap too.

6. viking20

viking20 Sponsoring Member

Guys,you dont have the big wheel version in the US?We have a small wheel class,8-13 years,c and b level.Big wheels from 10 to 16 years,this is by far the most popular!We dont race 100´s here,Ive always thought our big wheel 80/85´s were 100´s with the 80/85´s engine?

7. MXP1MP

MXP1MP Pro Champ

You can also get them from yamaha of troy I think I saw the kit for around $1300 call them for the best prices! The website is usually alittle bit higher on price listing.

8. tnyz80

tnyz80 Member

Thanks for all the information. It has been very helpful. The forums on this site are some of the most helpful I have ever found. Once again, Thanks.

9. Abraham Garcia

I have a question guys I wanna go big wheel but can't find any big wheel swingarm can I use the regular stock one without a problem