Big Worm

Mar 2, 2007
Helloooooooo! Obviously new to this site. I was looking for a good dirt bike forum to learn a bit more about riding as well as working on my bike.

I ride a 03' RM250 which is my first dirt bike. I have ridden street bikes, gsxr 750 & 1000, for quite a few years and wanted to expand my riding skills. I immediately fell in love with the dirt and after taking the free Tony D motocross school my confindence was through the roof. I was passing my friends on the track that had years of riding experience over me.

Shortly after I had an accident coming around a corner out in the desert. I was coming around a bend and there was alot of brush that didn't allow me to see the exit of the turn. When I exited to my surprise another bike was headed straight for me. I tried to dodge him but it was too late he already locked up his rear and I held on for impact. Broken right wrist, left wrist, left fib, left tib and a wheel chair for four months was the result.

At the time I was questioning if I was going to even ride again, not because i wouldn't be capable but just on if I would have the fear of returning to the bike. My accident happened in April 2004 and I just returned to the dirt May 06 and I missed every day I was away from it. I have once again found the love where all I am looking forward to during the week is riding on the weekend.

Having my bike sit for so long it is long in need of maintenance. So I am hoping to get some tips and techniques on how to do the work myself as I find that it is just as enjoyable to work on my bike as it is to ride it.

:cool:

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Welcome back :)

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome back to riding and welcome to DRN.

Two way trails are a real problem. Be safe!

Top Bottom