Jul 30, 2004
I want to bore out the carb on my 2004 kdx220 to 36mm. I know rb-designs does them but $165 seems a bit steep. How much does fredrette charge to bore out the carb?

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
like $73
My invoice said like $$60 for the bore job, and like $13 in misc parts...
I sent everything off to him, for a port job, carb bore, and mead mod. put bike back together and it fired with a few kicks...

m0rie

Nov 18, 2002
All told there are major differences in what Fredette does to the carb and what RB Designs does. Fredette just bores out the carb to 36mm. RB bores the carb out, installs a divider plate, recuts the slide and reworks the pilot circuit to make it more sensitive to the tuning of the air screw.

-Maurice

Jul 30, 2004
would the fredrette job still increse overall power cause thats all that i am looking for out of this. When i saw the $165 for the RB one i was like i can buy a new 35mm carb for 169.00 and thats why i though it was a lot. Also do you know how lon git would take to get this done?

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
The 36 mm carb only will give you more mid to top ( how much will depend on what else you've done (airbox lid pipe porting ect...), but will take away from the low end. RBs mod will increase the bore to 36mm And include a divider plat. This will mimic the low end power you now have. I have only the 36mm carb (50 bucks off ****) and it does reallt liven up the mid to top once jetted. If money is an issue go with just the carb and save teh plate for latter. I think that RB also modifys the slid itself somehow?

Jul 30, 2004
thanks for all the info. im going to have fredrette bore it out,
Also does anyone know fredrettes email address. i cant seem to fin dit on his site and i need to ask a few questions.

Cdn Paul

Feb 25, 2005
RB Designs Carb Mod Results.

Has anyone learned why the RB designs carb mod seems to have a second sweet spot on the air screw adjustment? In the linked threads, some are reporting that the air screw adjustment is now having a tuning affect way past 1/4 throttle opening.

m0rie

Nov 18, 2002
It has to do with pilot jet modifications that Ron makes to the carb. This modification makes a second sweet spot that is out around 2 1/2 turns on the air screw. It has the effect of making the bike pull harder and lower in rpm, making gears that you wouldn't normally be able to use usable.

-Maurice

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
I had great luck with Jeff Fredette 9 out of 10 times when I call, it' him that picks up, and he even sent me an email after all his work was done to make sure the bike was running right.

Top Bottom