tblrk2008

Feb 24, 2008
Ive got an 06 YZ250 with the TMDesign Works rear chain guide. I have the stock 48 tooth on there right now. Can i go up a tooth or two and not fuq anything up? Not sure I want to mess with the front sproket.

Thx

atkkid250

Uhhh...
Mar 18, 2008
going up

going up a tooth or two will slow it down, but give it alot more torwuey feeling i believe. make it easier to take off. and it will burn rubber a lot better goingdown a tooth or two will speed it up a lot. what are you going for?>

Beuford

Feb 23, 2008
I have a 06 YZ250 and the stock rear is a 50 tooth.
Unless you have a 250F, but even still i would think the clearance's are the same.
I dont know about clearance with your "t.m" guide.

tblrk2008

Feb 24, 2008
Beuford said:
I have a 06 YZ250 and the stock rear is a 50 tooth.
Unless you have a 250F, but even still i would think the clearance's are the same.
I dont know about clearance with your "t.m" guide.

Its not stock according to the book, but it fits and thats what Im going with too.

May 1, 2007
The chain might rub the teflon in the guides for a few minutes, but it shouldn't hurt anything. I am running a 11t in the front and a 52t in the rear. It fits fine besides the fact that the chain was dragging the case. :(. I added a machine bushing behind the front sprocket to keep this from happening. 0.015in did the trick without offsetting the chain too much.

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
will really depend on how your chain was cut. you might need a new chain if the old chain was cut so the wheel was forward. a bigger rear sprocket, even 1 tooth, makes a big difference in where the wheel sits. might make it so you cannot get the chain on.

Top Bottom