bike acting up.

PAT WS6

Apr 20, 2009
i fouled a plug, changed it and now the bike wont run when i choke it and start it it revs to the moon. if i give it ANY THROTTLE it dies! what is going on?! btw its a 93 rm 125

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
dying if you give it gas with the choke on is not unusual. Start it, turn choke off, let it warm up, then give it some gas.

cowasucky

Feb 23, 2009
Was the new plug gapped correctly ??? You did say it all started with the new plug right ????

PAT WS6

Apr 20, 2009
yes it all started what should i clean the carb with? and where is the jet on the carb? the piece in the middle? what is the CORRECT plug to run. thanks guys

cowasucky

Feb 23, 2009
Look, I'm no bike mechanic.....but I've learned a lot here on this site......enough to work on my own bike and before you do ANYTHING please, please get a manual for your bike. Really man, no offense, but if you don't know what plug to run or what/where the jets are...... I don't think you should go to pullin' the carb just yet. If the bike was running fine and you fouled the plug (which could happen simply from ridding too slow on a 2 stroke), then you changed the plug and it wouldn't run.........I'd start with the plug. Where did you get the plug ? You can google your bike and find out what plug you need and the correct gap. It's important that you use the correct plug. If the plug is too big you'll knock a hole in the piston, too small - no fire. Also make sure it's gapped correctly or even if it's the right plug, it won't work right. Good luck bro !!!!!

PAT WS6

Apr 20, 2009
ive pulled a dozen v8 motors apart but carbs are different your right, i will look into the correct plug and go from there.

cowasucky

Feb 23, 2009
For sure man ! The 2 stroke motor is a beast of it's own kind. Although fairly simple once you get to know it.....still it's no v8. I couldn't mix my own fuel properly before I found this site. I'm an idiote compared to patman, indymx, foxforks, julliend (just to name a few) straight up.......but these guys here are the real deal. Get you a manual and they can guide you through anything.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
PULL THE CARB AND CLEAN IT!

Sorry if that's not the answer you wanted to hear but it's a basic starting point for many issues. If you can really rebuild an engine then a carb is nothing! Based on your question of what to use I'm a bit suspect of your claim. Check the pit bike forum here on DRN for a sticky at the top on how to clean a carb. Buy GOOD cleaner such a CRC, Berrymans or, Vavoline Syntec instead of house brand stuff it will save you in the long run.

Oh and buy a factory shop manual for your bike from Service Honda, they got them all.

Aug 30, 2009
hey guys i just bought a 1977 suzuki PE250 and it starts up fine and runs but when i put the bike into first and let off the clutch the bike will only go really slow even if the throttle is almost wide open,any ideas?

cowasucky

Feb 23, 2009
nyandellic01880 said:
hey guys i just bought a 1977 suzuki PE250 and it starts up fine and runs but when i put the bike into first and let off the clutch the bike will only go really slow even if the throttle is almost wide open,any ideas?

Start a thread. :cool:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…