keithcr250r

Apr 18, 2007
hey guys,

cr250 2003, ive had a proble for a while now the bike breaks up under power, its not happening all the time but for alot of it!! take it to the shop for jetting twice and its still doing it!!!! any ideas? i was thinking reeds or bad connection with cdi? Any ideas welcome...

MagnaTrey

I'm Motorcycle colorblind
Jun 19, 2007
keithcr250r said:
hey guys,

cr250 2003, ive had a proble for a while now the bike breaks up under power, its not happening all the time but for alot of it!! take it to the shop for jetting twice and its still doing it!!!! any ideas? i was thinking reeds or bad connection with cdi? Any ideas welcome...

Hey Keith,

When you say, "breaks up", what do you mean?

Can you tell us what it sounds like? At what RPM's. When you gas it, does it make noise like "Bwaaahhh", or does it have a popping sound and/or lose power?

keithcr250r

Apr 18, 2007
ok well its more like a big miss no power at all, splattering... like valve bouncing on a car noise ..deff lose power but not a bwaaahh dying noise...sorry its hard to explain..this hapens when ive gut full throtel open towards the end of power band..reeds you think?

damac

Nov 14, 2006
is it going back and forth violently?

i had an issue just like this on my old yz125 and finally tried rejetting a couple weeks ago, and leaning out the needle definately got rid of my problem! it was pretty amazing to see the bike finally come to life, before that it was sputtering bad back and forth when i tried to pin it and it was like in and out of the powerband and making it very hard to ride.

keithcr250r

Apr 18, 2007
lol i dare say its over due for one of those piston things and a will try a new needle for the carb..i can put a video on today..cheers for the help..

MagnaTrey

I'm Motorcycle colorblind
Jun 19, 2007
keithcr250r said:
hey guys,

I think Keith that we're all going to have a problem in helping you diagnose your issue without getting a clearer picture maybe?

I think the one who said "let's get a video" is the closest to a good idea as anyone is going to get. My biggest question is, if you have taken it to your local bike shop for jetting twice now; what are they not doing to help you find the cure to your ills?

I would definitely have a problem with any shop, who has had the responsibility of jetting your bike on multiple occasions, and they send you away when you are still having some serious issues getting the bike to run correctly at all. :|

I would be asking some very serious questions if I were to go down to the bike shop again if I were you.

Just my .02, and good luck bud..

steve.emma

Oct 21, 2002
do you think maybe it could be getting hot under the conditions you describe and then detonating? this would give you a loss of power and noise to go with it. factors that might cause this problem could be wrong heat range spark plug,low octane gas, too lean main jet, blocked or restricted exhaust, coolant problems etc etc..
also worth checking how much fuel comes out of the tank petcock in case that is partly blocked and the bike is starving for fuel under high load.

good luck.

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
well.. It could be alot of things...

What octane gas you runnin?
what are your oil to gas ration
Did you every repack the silencer? (mey need done)
Did you check the reeds?

it could be alot of things...

Top Bottom