Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
Seems that Ann may want a bike for next years DW. She thinks she might like the trail riding. She is 5-4 and has never put a leg over a bike except for the 70. I am thinking of a crf 150 or TTR 125. I think electric start would suit her good. Keep in mind this is a first bike so it does not have to be to powerful. Just enough to get her feet wet. Thanks :yeehaw: :aj:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I think either the CRF or TTR would be a great bike for Ann.  Did you order your new KTM yet?

Your DW neighbor

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
That's great that Ann is thinking about getting started in trail riding!  I think I missed meeting her at DW, but I hope she was motivated by seeing all the other women out riding and racing around. :)

I think I'd lean towards the CRF150, but either bike would be great for learning.  And it will be enough to get her feet wet in the sport, so you'd better plan on a good pair of moto boots, as well!  ;)

RockyRoads

Sponsoring Member
Aug 28, 2003
Good for Ann! Dirt biking is so much fun! You have selected two great bikes as choices--she should have a good experience on either one. I started out earlier this year on a TTR125L, and I absolutely loved it--lightweight, plenty of power for my level of riding, great handling, stable suspension, and very forgiving of my many, many mistakes. The bike was very non-intimidating and allowed me to focus on my riding skills, instead of struggling with "bike issues". I would finish each ride with a big grin on my face, telling my husband, "Yamaha must have built this bike just for me!" At the end of this summer, I purchased my CRF230F--as my skills improved, I wanted a taller bike for my 5'7" frame, and I wanted a bit more power for climbing steep hills. I could not be happier with my CRF230 (stable handling, solid power going slow or fast, etc.), so I'm sure that the CRF150 would be just as terrific for Ann. And the electric start on either bike will be really great for her to have (although I had a kick start on my TTR125L, and the bike started with the first or second kick every time). Good luck, and let us know what Ann ends up getting!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
CRF 150 has kick start only -FYI.

devon_klx300

Oct 13, 2003
yes i tihnk a ttr125 or a crf would be good for her they arent 2 powerful but they will give u a pretty good rusj for your first biek in my opinion i tihnk u should go with the crf150 because its fatser n after a while of riding youll wanna have a faster bike so this wil keep you satisfied fer a while

Top Bottom