slinger34

May 1, 2006
I let my girlfriend ride my kx125 and now she wants a bike of her own to go ride trails when i do. I was wondering if there any ladies out there who would share what they ride or any other suggestions. The girlfriend is about 5' 11" and she is not very aggresive, mostly going on open trails.
Some of the bikes i thought were. (XR200, Yamaha RT180, 80's DR200. The bikes in her price range would have to be older. Thanks.

Apr 30, 2007
I would have to say that an XR200 might be an excellent choice for a starter bike. The seat height should prove to be no problem, and the power and gearing should prove to be quite forgiving. It will be quite a bit heavier than your KX though.

My brother has a 97 XR250, and I would love to ride it more often, but I'm a 2-stroke fan as of this moment. The engine braking tends to throw me off quite a bit.

Also, beware of the "I'm power hungry!" syndrome. She may want to upgrade very soon after she gets used to the bike!

Edit: The XR 200s are also quite cheap and easy to find (at least where I'm from).

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Since she liked the KX so much, I say give it to her and you get a new bike! :cool:

(Sorry, accidentally posted under Tracie's user name.....Phil)

slinger34

May 1, 2006
YA, she's not getting my bike. She really didnt hit the powerband when on it I told her to but she was a little afraid. She's seen me do wheelies way to easy on it. The seat height is just a bit too tall for her also. The XR seems like what I will suggest for her.

Sahinoz

Sep 2, 2007
You told that she's not agressive, so a 2-stroke may be too harsh for her. Don't make her afraid ;) Get a 4-stroke, easy to control, XR will be fine..

slinger34

May 1, 2006
She wanted to know what the hype was about riding a dirt bike. So all she did was putt around in first gear and loved it. She asked me if there was a bike that is shorter and more for trail riding.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom