2001Rm125

Jul 7, 2009
1) 5' 3 130 lbs
2) moderately eagressive
3) Plan to ride MX and some trails
4) Have riddden since 03
5) Practice races for now at a local track then will race
6) I am somewhat mechanically inclined will do all maintenance only thing i wont do is rebuilds, etc
7) Prefer 4 stroke
8) Dealer around are honda, yamaha, kawasaki, suzuki, ktm
9) have 2500 to spend or trade my RM
10) I dont live in california i live in ny
11) Im 15
Whats a good bike for me I have one in mind I just want to see what you guys think.

Apr 30, 2007
By the sounds of it, you already have a fine machine to ride that should last a while provided you take care of it.

Put the cash into 1 - making sure you have good solid gear, 2 - look at getting a big bore kit from Eric Gorr, and 3 - dial in your suspension for you!

Before you jump into that, I would advise checking the class rules to make sure you won't have to switch classes just for the sake of having a big bore kit, as some district circut rules are pretty strict.

2001Rm125

Jul 7, 2009
justalonewolf007 said:
By the sounds of it, you already have a fine machine to ride that should last a while provided you take care of it.

Put the cash into 1 - making sure you have good solid gear, 2 - look at getting a big bore kit from Eric Gorr, and 3 - dial in your suspension for you!

Before you jump into that, I would advise checking the class rules to make sure you won't have to switch classes just for the sake of having a big bore kit, as some district circut rules are pretty strict.

Yea my RM is a great runner, I take very good care of it....But Im liking the thumper feel after I rode my friends CRF450. So Whats the best 250f? Im looking at a 04 yz250f.

RM85rider123

Oct 28, 2007
2001Rm125 said:
Yea my RM is a great runner, I take very good care of it....But Im liking the thumper feel after I rode my friends CRF450. So Whats the best 250f? Im looking at a 04 yz250f.

any 250f is a very high maintenance machine. You would still have to do rebuilds, so you are not going to get around that with any motocross bikes. It would be a good idea to keep looking for a newer 250f, 04 is getting pretty old.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom