2stroker144

Jan 14, 2009
for the crf-r most definatly get the big wheel so he can use the bike for longer. as for the pipes ill make a chart for you...

PRO CURCIT:
works pipe: offers more horses, and gains through the entire rpm(but you MUST maintain this pipe or it rusts!!!!)
platinum pipe: smoothes out power transition wit gains in mid to top.
platinum 2 pipe: smoothes out power ontop, while gives it more meat in the bottom.
r-304silencer: recomended for closed courses only(very snappy)
304 silencer: not really any gains but quiets the bike more then the r-304
296 spark arrestor: no gains in power but quiets te bike to 96 db (for trails)

FMF:
fatty:broadens the powerband and provides a healthy power increase everywhere. Improved throttle response, a linear powerband and enhanced over-rev
factory fatty:(same as fatty just more maintenece)
sst(my favorite):The SST pipe increases mid range pull and extends the over-rev considerably while sharpening the off idle throttle response. No other pipe on the market can offer these same type of gains or offer the same linear power delivery that the patented SST brings to the table.
gnarly:this pipe is gaged for offroad, it increases the it on bottom giveing it way more chugging power it basicly makes it torqe like a thumper.
shorty:maximises bottom and mid power(best for short tracks)
q-stealth:no gains in power but very quiet and clean sound
power core2: gives it more power on top
titanium 2: lightes silencer ever made, all racers use this pipe increases horeses...alot
turbine core 2:#1 spark arrestor in the world(really)
the "q":retains optimum flow characteristics while enhancing sound absorbtion qualities. The U.S. Forest legal spark arrestor will meet the mandated 96dB sound level set by the US Forest Service making it the quietest 2-stroke performance spark arrestor made! Serious sound deadening qualities and excellent power

so i hope this helps my favorite combo is sst pipe with shorty silencer... but i ride tracks, but is feels strong on the trails too(and there is no difference about witch side the exuast is on, thats just were they put it) if you like the works pipe be careful with it because it rusts REALLY REALLY fast.

michael33

Jul 16, 2009
ok, but when i went to the fmf site and clicked on the pipe, it showed me like a brand list. i clicked on kawasaki but there was no kx 100 on any pipe. Do they make fmf pipes for kx 100

2stroker144

Jan 14, 2009
yes, i dont know why it didnt show up, but there are LOADS of pipes for a kx 100!
here are some sites:

motosport.com

rockymountainmc.com

and motorcycle-superstore.com

i know you must have alot if questions, and im here to help!

michael33

Jul 16, 2009
one more thing if i buy him the kx 100 will it last long for him because once i spend the 4K on him i won't be buying a bike him another bike till he's like 14, and won't he frow out of it?

2stroker144

Jan 14, 2009
he wont outgrow the power, just learn how to utilize all of it. by the time he gets a bigger bike he will be crazy fast. the seat height is 34.2 inches high, but im 5'11 and ride a kx100. i think by the time he gets a new bike(after this one) it will be the right time, but i dont think that he will be in dire need of one. and are you buying the bike new, or used???(and remember to test ride the bike before you get it to make sure that you like it...)

michael33

Jul 16, 2009
I'm really sorry guys cause i measured my son in centimeters and I converted it wrong. He's really 5 feet 6 inches which is 170 centimeters

michael33

Jul 16, 2009
yes, thanks so much, you pretty much convinced me to the kx. It's the best bike for the buck. The money saved on it i can spend on customizing the bike. And if something with the engine breaks down, it's cheaper to repair it. Even though i am convinced to the kx we're still gonna test ride both. Without your help i would of chose a wrong bike. Again I apreciate your help!

jackflack44

May 3, 2008
I love my Pro Circuit Platinum 2 pipe with my FMF Powercore 2 :)

Top Bottom