MasonW947

Nov 20, 2006
Alright so I had my 2003 KTM 250 EXC 2-stroke out on a particularly muddy day and I noticed my fatty pipe smokin a bit and I figured it was just the mud burning off. But then I slid off a dam* embankment and layed her down. I tried to get the bike back up onto the track by trying to walk her out andholding the throttle. I revved it up pretty dam* high but I didn't hold it. I did this for a few minutes pretty violently (stopping, slamming throttle, stopping) trying to get it back up. Suddenly the front end went up in smoke quick and I had to lay her down cause I was choking on the sweet smoke. I could taste a sweet taste in my mouth so I figer' it was anti-freeze. I shut it off and waited till it stopped smoking.

I had to walk it home and it wouldnt start again till I peeled all the mud off. It ran today for about five minutes just fine. Where should I start to find out why this happened?

Also, I use 40:1 gas oil mix. I use the most expensive pump gas I can find which is 93 i think. And I use Red Line racing oil.

Last edited:

MasonW947

Nov 20, 2006
also, what is that screw that comes out of the carb near the top where the gas line goes in? is it the screw that controls the amount of air that goes in? what should this be set at?

Last edited:

elcamino12sec

Jan 16, 2006
sounds like coolant, you either over heated it and it was puking coolant or your head gasket blew. Probably just got it too hot and coolant was comming out the overflow. Check the plug and make sure it does not have coolant on it first. If not, top off the coolant and go ride.

TRIS

Uhhh...
Apr 23, 2006
id say it overheated and anti freeze came out the overflow pressure pipe ontop of the radiator, it may have poured onto your exhuast/barrel and made some strange spells.......

MasonW947

Nov 20, 2006
the metal pipe coming out of the radiator was bent almost shut inside the rubber casing. without taking the rubber hose off it was invisible. lesson learned.

Top Bottom