?bike is leaking water, and smoking. plus kickstarter kicks back hard

halfastowens

Sep 3, 2008
alright, i have an 04 yz 250f and have had no problems with it. i just changed my clutch out and went to test drive it, but when i started the bike, it started leaking radiatior fluid after about 5 min. then the odorless smoke started coming from around the bottom of the cylinder. i adjusted the fuel screw and the smoke faded away a bit, but when i would let off the choke, the bike would quit right after. i let it warm up some more and tried it again, and it seemed to have worked better, but i knew not to ride it cuz something was wrong. i really needed to see if the clutch was put on properly because it was my first time asembling a hydrolic clutch lever, so i took it for a very short ride around my truck, but when i got to 3rd gear it stalled out on me. i then tried to kickstart it and after about 3 times of trying to do that, the kickstarter kicked back really hard and messed up my ankle i brokde 6 mo. ago i would like to do most the work on this bike myself, but again dont know how sereous this problem is.
could anyone help me figure out what it is that i need to do to fix this?? thanks a lot...

halfastowens

Sep 3, 2008
cool I'll look into it, i've been reading alot about how to re build the top end myself, save some money. plus i like to get all greased up anyways. thanks alot

Top Bottom