Status
Not open for further replies.

misfitfmx

Aug 13, 2007
I was tryin to start it up this morning and whenever I kicked down the kickstarter a bit slowly it rolled forward, same when I held in the decompression, now it wont roll forwards or backwards, just a bit then it stops, none of the brakes are stuck or anything, need some help please.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Do you have the gearbox in neutral?

misfitfmx

Aug 13, 2007
It should be, my cousin was the last to ride, the gear's have always been stuck when I've tried them for some reason though. they won't go up or down, who knows... I didn't touch them this morning.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
You never though to check to see if it's in neutral? Both of your symptoms point to a bike that is not in neutral. Of course, you could try pulling in the clutch lever and pushing (or starting) the bike. Disengaging the clutch does the same basic thing as putting it in neutral, but on a more temporary level.

By stuck, do you mean that it's hard to shift when the engine isn't running. Try rocking the bike fore and aft while changing the gears. If it is always hard to shift, change the tranny fluid. Before asking what fluid to put in it, do a search for recommendations.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Do posts like this make anyone else fear for the safety of all who participate in our beloved sport?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom