mule

Nov 7, 2001
Has anyone lowered their bike by actually going into the shocks and forks, etc., and cutting them down and revalving, etc? If so, tell me how it is working. What are the pluses and minuses. I have a guy who says he can drop my bike 1.5 inches and cut the seat for an add'l 0.5 inch making 2 inch drop. I am 5'6" with 28 inch inseam...sounds great to me, but I want to know what I am getting myself into first. BTW, I ride 99% woods so I dont really need alot of travel in my suspension, I figure.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Yep. Don't do it!!

As said, lower the forks in the clamps for the front.

Get different links (dog bones, pull rods, whatever you wish to call 'em) for the shock.

Devol makes a set that will lower the bike about 3/8". Kouba makes a set that will lower the bike 2.25"..or so.

http://www.koubalink.com/kdxspring.html

In both of those cases, you can change it later, or normal it up when you sell it. NOT so if you go the internal route.

In the case of the long(est) kouba link, you may need a stronger shock spring, as the leverage against it will change. Your ride kinda 'softens' when you put in a longer link.

Hey Mule! Your email don't work? I haven't heard from you. Well, last time I sent you a note.

Poker run is on for 11-10. Woods are open as of yesterday.

Come on down!!

Top Bottom