Bike missing bad, please help!

jjcobra99

Oct 17, 2002
Just did a complete new top end on my brother's 01 CR250. It ran good for about 2 tanks of gas, and now it has a severe miss in the low to mid range, kind of like it's loading up real bad. On the top end it runs excellent, just like it's supposed to. So far we looked at the exhaust valve, and it seems to be opening and closing as advertised, pulled and cleaned the carb, and inspected the reeds. Also put in a brand new plug. Everything seems okay, and we're pretty confused. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
You can try to dump and remix a fresh load of fuel. Maybe try flipping the reeds over and reinstalling them. If no go, and your sure your carb is clean and not the issue, pull the head and check your rings, possible a retaining clip, pin or someting came undone :yikes:

jjcobra99

Oct 17, 2002
Been thinking about this all day, and trying to put 2 and 2 together. One important point that I forgot to say, it seems to be using almost double the gas that mine is. (His is an 01 CR250, and mine is 03 CR250). Anyway, when he put in his new air filter, I believe he may have way over oiled it. I didn't pay any attention, but he said when we got back yesterday, there was air filter oil dripping from his airbox. That would all make perfect sense, but Murphy's law says it couldn't be that simple. We'll see. Thanks for the reply!

nelson

May 29, 2004
Air Filter oil

You more than likely over oiled and when you over oil it,it seems to always drip out. But remember don't under oil it. :clue:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…