D!rtbag

Apr 30, 2007
Ok heres what happened. I took my 06' yamaha TTR-230 for a ride today.WArmed it up fine.About five minutes into the ride, my bike starts sputtering then dies.I changed the sparkplug and checked the gas.It took about 5 minutes to change the spark plug for i had to find the right sized socket.So after i installed it, it ran fine. THen again, after 5 minutes into the ride, it sputterd then died.Any help? :bang: :yell:

Jun 22, 2007
this is what happend before i blew my top end, and since i kept starting it up and hoping back on it, i was in 4th gear pinned when my piston jammed up and top end went, causing my bottom end to get all junked up too, now im looking at a bill over a thousand bucks easyyyyyy!!!! dont do what i did, check out your top end.

Jun 28, 2006
D!rtbag said:
Ok heres what happened. I took my 06' yamaha TTR-230 for a ride today.WArmed it up fine.About five minutes into the ride, my bike starts sputtering then dies.I changed the sparkplug and checked the gas.It took about 5 minutes to change the spark plug for i had to find the right sized socket.So after i installed it, it ran fine. THen again, after 5 minutes into the ride, it sputterd then died.Any help? :bang: :yell:

Choke is turn off right? Carb flooding? What's the spark plug look like? How old is the fuel? Clean and properly oiled air filter?Compression test followed by a leakdown test would help with knowing if any issues with the engine's top end.

D!rtbag

Apr 30, 2007
dropped bike off at dealer last friday they were suppose to finally look at it today. imma call tomarrow on the count of its too late now.But yes. Choke is off.Have fuel.Checked the airfilter.Sparkplug i changed after it started acting up and it looked fine.My bike is still under warranty THANKGOD! :think:

Brandon1

Nov 15, 2007
on mine right behind the head (carb side) there used to be a vac plug black cap over a vacum line mine some how came off and did the same thing you describe i pluged the hole and no problems

Top Bottom